new Garmin Forerunner 945LTE Features
Where are all the new Garmins? We should see some new Garmin hardware soon enough. Let’s hope Garmin are waiting until they actually have a product that works that they can ship…unlike the Apple debacle with the Apple Watch Series 7 a few weeks ago….or, more correctly, the lack of it.
New beta Firmware
It’s relatively unusual that a top-end watch like the 945LTE has to wait so long for bug fixes. Anyway, here they are (hopefully).
The 945LTE and Venu 2 share the new Gen 4 ELEVATE HR sensor and it looks like the new features the Venu 2 received in April this year have finally found their way to the 945LTE
The health Snapshot on the Venu 2 has a 2-minute heart rate reading which takes a snapshot of PulseOx, Stress/HRV, Heart Rate & Breath. You can then share this.
Also from the Venu 2 is the new Body Battery algorithm which better accounts for lower recovery in a bad night of sleep.
I’ve not checked out the Strength 2.0 features which are, again, hopefully like those added to the Venu 2 (pre-loaded strength workouts with muscle heat map imagery)
Changes made from version 3.07 to 4.07 (beta)
- Added Body Battery 2.0 (Note: this algorithm is still not correct so don’t rely on it…just sayin’)
- Added Strength 2.0 improvements to Strength activity
- Added Health Snapshot activity
- Added HRV support from chest strap for Yoga, Breathwork, and Health Snapshot activities
- Added HIIT activity
- Added Backcountry Ski activity
- Improved incident detection setting controls
- Added golf hole transition improvements and ability to disable activity recording during golf
- Added improved LiveTrack status to the clock data screen
- Enabled Explore app sync functionality
- Various LTE connectivity improvements
- Improved automatic altitude calibration
- Various improvements and bug fixes
More info & Download: Garmin.com