Stryd – An Early Christmas Present
Must Read: Highly Detailed Stryd Running Pod Review.
Stryd is the world’s most accurate running pod that also delivers running power, a relatively new metric for runners. Over the years the company has grown from the provider of an apparently simple pod to one which supports all the major running watch ecosystems as well as delivering a rich training platform for the planning and analysis of your training.
A year ago Stryd announced a new Membership tier giving extra features to subscribers, this went live in April 2021.
Today Stryd gives some new features to EVERY Stryd owner and further bolsters the Membership package.
What’s Now Available For Everyone
- Pre-built Training Plans: 16 pre-built power-based training plans ranging for 5K, 10K, HM, Marathon and a Base Fitness maintenance plan. These deliver a daily plan with guided workouts on your app or watch.
- Race Calculations Table/Race Execution Plans: Know your power capability for your race distance with the Race Calculations Table and be guided by the plan through the undulations of your race-day course. (Available mid-October on iOS)
- Coach View: Allow your coach to access your Stryd power data
What’s New – For Members
- Training Plan Builder: Create a customized training plan with the Training Plan Builder
- Training Plan Analyzer: Track your training plan progress with the Training Plan Analyzer. See how well you perform each session and see your progress towards your race goal.
- Training Plan Library: Build, save and make changes for your perfect training plan with the Training Plan Library
- Coach’s View: Give your coach extra access to your analytics.
These updates are being rolled out globally as of now with Android completed first. Note the feature(s) above that are slightly delayed.
Stryd has pitched its overall service just right.
It’s clear now that if you want to do any kind of special planning then you have to pay for it.
At the same time, there is a swathe of highly useful free features for everyone. Non-members have access to a great end-to-end running platform.