Garmin Epix Gen 2 – What We Know So Far (1/3)
It’s only a few weeks away.
I had one of the first hands-on with the Gen 1 Epix many moons ago and hope to buy Gen 2 soon. But what do we know so far about this ‘new’ round model, other than that it is a Fenix with an AMOLED screen?
- Optional, always-on AMOLED display
- 1.3″ display
- Optional, always-on mode
- Claimed to have good readability in direct sunlight
- Obviously uses more battery than current tech. So Garmin claims 16 days in smartwatch mode. If we compare that 16 days to the 12 days of the Venu 2 AMOLED then Epix Gen 2 will likely have a claimed performance approximating this: smartwatch mode without battery saver 15 days, GPS + Music of 12 hours, GPS with no music 28 hours. Remember that Garmin has had battery issues recently so treat these estimates with further caution. Also, remember that extra features like GALILEO GNSS or two CIQ data fields will further impact the battery performance.
- QuickFit bands – these were not a certainty but are confirmed
- Several case/lens options – sapphire display, titanium bezel, stainless steel bezel (possibly two stainless steel colours…unconfirmed)
- Music, maps and Garmin PAY are all confirmed
- No mention is made of the recently registered Garmin optical band that we thought might be like Whoop 4.
- 24×7 Health & Wellness from the Gen 4 ELEVATE optical HR sensor. Pulse Ox (SpO2), respiration and more are supported.
- As expected, a wide range of sports profiles are included as is support for Garmin Coach Training Plans (Daily Workout Suggestions are NOT Confirmed)
This information AND MUCH MORE has now been confirmed from multiple, different sources and has been available for about 2 weeks.
Be notified of new info and follow for free here: Become a FREE follower.