FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission
Core Temperature Sensor – Gets App Revamp
GreenTEG, the Core Body Temperature Sensor people, has just announced a new-look app with a couple of new insights.
I had a look at the Core Temperature Sensor when I reviewed it at the start of 2021 working with the Garmin Enduro over CIQ and the Apple Watch. It measures Core temperature as well as skin temperature in conjunction with clever algorithms that work from an HRM chest strap. The current sports-related market for this product is for high-level athletes, although it clearly has the potential for more widespread medical and home usage down the line. A standard ANT+ profile has been ‘imminent’ for some time so currently Garmin users have a CIQ data field, Wahoo users can piggyback on SmO2 data channels and there is a dedicated app for the Apple Watch. Much of the analytical value is added by the Core app and external platforms to which the raw data is sent. (Wear OS and Coros also offer support)
It’s the Core app that gets the updates today.
Apart from a much-improved look and feel, the main additions are insights into temperature with trends and temperature loads (time spent at elevated temperature levels)
- Historical data – core body temperature synchronises automatically with the CORE cloud service and all past data, graphs and summaries are preserved in daily, weekly, monthly and annual formats in the APP.
- Temperature trends – Statistics and graphs that show temperature behaviour over time
- Heat Load – Graphs track effective heat training to aid performance training
- Personalisation – Individual preferences to define temperature zones and data summaries
- Sharing & privacy – CORE sensors are tied to one owner with the option to share training data
- Training guidance – In-App guidance outlines how insights can be applied to advance performance
- And more – the redesigned CORE app is now easier to use and will support a growing arsenal of metrics
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.