Supersapiens and the Forerunner 955 – or any other not-yet-supported model
Following on from last week’s Supersapiens Review, I’ve had a few questions about how to get Supersapiens to work on unsupported devices.
To see your live Supersapiens data on your Garmin Edge or Garmin Watch you need to use the official Supersapiens CIQ Data Field. in conjunction with either your smartphone or the Supersapiens Band. There is no direct connection from Supersapiens to ANY device other than a smartphone or their own Band, both of which can act as a live ‘relay’ to a select few Garmin devices.
The full list of supported devices is shown here, essentially it includes these models and their newer incarnations Edge 1030, Edge 530/830, Edge 130, Fenix 5 Plus, Enduro, Forerunner 55/645/745/945, Venu, Venu SQ and Vivoactive 3. Eagle-eyed readers will have spotted the absence of the Forerunner 955 and 955 Solar in the list of supported devices. Indeed Supersapiens has been fairly slow at updating their app to support new Garmin devices as and when they are released.
Here are the instructions to make the Supersapiens data-field work on the Garmin Forerunner 955 or any other Garmin Edge or high-end Watch release beyond August 2022 (hint: more of those to come!)
- Plug your Edge or Watch into your computer using the appropriate USB cable
- Download this file from this site: https://the5krunner.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/superSapiens.zip
- Extract the .PRG file to this folder: This PC\Forerunner 955 Solar\Internal Storage\GARMIN\Apps (different models and MACS may present a different folder structure, you know what to do)
- Extract the .TXT file to this folder: This PC\Forerunner 955 Solar\Internal Storage\GARMIN\Apps\Logs
- This folder \Forerunner 955 Solar\Internal Storage\GARMIN\Apps\Logs will be the same on MAC if a Mac can show the file structure on a USB drive (IDK)
- Unplug your watch from the computer
- Check that your Edge or Garmin watch is connected and synced with the Connect smartphone app, which you should leave open.
- On your smartphone’s Supersapiens app, click the profile button at the bottom
- Then click pair new device (top right) and the rest should be obvious…
Note: If you have an older device than the supported ones this might work but I doubt it. Don’t do it!
Please use the instructions above at your own risk…it’s not a supported method.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.