Garmin adds nap tracking and more to top Watches (beta only for now)
Wellness features are much sought after by smartwatch buyers.
Sleep stages and overnight recovery were very much the thing of the moment in 2021. Many watches now offer those features and the brands are seeking to fill in the gaps in their feature sets. Thus Garmin has recently focussed on adding nap detection as well as Sleep coaching. today the top-end Fenix 7/7 Pro and Epix/ Epix Pro get nap detection albeit only in beta. Enduro 2, Quatix 7, and MARQ Gen 2 get the same features.
I discuss and criticise some of the supposed benefits of detailed sleep tracking and coaching in the links below.
- Added the ability to track naps, including a new Nap widget and an updated Sleep widget.
- Additions and enhancements to the Body Battery feature.
- Added audio prompts for course points.
- Added the ability to display images within smart notifications (Android only).
- Added phone lost detection during an activity. Enabled in system alert settings.
- Added large font mode which can be accessed in System > Display menu.
- Added workout audio notes support.
- Added Inline Skating activity.
- Added a Moon Phase widget.
- Added tracking of splits for Ski.
- Added NAVIC GPS support.
- Added a confirmation popup when saving an activity via touch.
- Added ability to enable Red Shift when Do Not Disturb is enabled.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.