Signup for a 6 week rapid-improver plan for a parkrun/5k PR/PB
EDIT: New 12 week build & rapid improver plan JUNE 2017 – Special Offer Below
This is a paid-for plan which is PRECISELY PERSONALISED to your current ability level using several proven running algorithms. The resulting plan gives optimal training for 6-12 weeks with everything directed towards a maximum PB / PR performance in your RACE.
Your plan provides detailed, daily instructions for effective training. Further, extensive, guidance & notes enable you to adapt your training to work even harder on key days when you feel good OR what to do when you feel the need to back off.
From a recognised Age-Group triathlon/run coach who has guided numerous athletes into international competition, highly placed finishers and a European medallist.
For those in the UK: This plan is parkrun-friendly ie most Saturdays have 5k runs in the schedule.
What you need to send me (use the form below):
- A recent 5k PB / PR. ‘Recent’ means within the last 2-3 months. If you want you can send me a figure of what you think you could ACTUALLY have achieved in a race if you tried ‘a bit harder’. That’s your call but please DO NOT SEND your target time. The plan is based on what you can achieve NOT what you would like to achieve.
- Your email address (I haven’t got an email database so you can’t be added to it!!)
- Payment for your selected option by paypal to email@example.com.
(Plan details, below)
The personalised 6 week 5k plan rapid improver plan is GBP£2.99. Clicking/acceptance means you are medically fit for strenuous exercise. Thank you!
The personalised 12 week 5k plan plan is GBP£4.99. Clicking/acceptance means you are medically fit for strenuous exercise. Thank you!
Don’t forget to PAYPAL Checkout – REQUIRED – no plan will be sent otherwise!:
Optionally you can provide the following which further refine and improve the personalised plan you get.
- OPTIONAL: A race date (day & month). (Default: day 1 starts on the first Sunday after payment is received)
- OPTIONAL: The format in which you want speed/pace presented ie pace or speed, metric or imperial (Default: metric pace)
- OPTIONAL: Additionally send me a fairly recent long-distance PB/PR. So that could be a marathon, half marathon or 10 miles or 10k (optional). This is because generic race prediction tools are usually inaccurate. Such tools state trained- long-term potential against a standardised distance/pace curve. The reality is that YOUR distance/pace curve has more than one inflection point depending on how well trained you over various distances. Providing a long-distance time enables better long-term training targets to be set for you
- OPTIONAL: Your current number of RUNNING hours per week. This is important to supply but is not required.
- OPTIONAL: Your name
- OPTIONAL: Sex Male/Female
- OPTIONAL: Date of birth or age
- OPTIONAL: Your parkrun ID number.
- OPTIONAL: The maximum number of hours you want to build up to train to (12 week plan only)
12 Week Option
The 12 week plan is provided in two 6-week parts with the second being adapted to your actual progress over the first 6 weeks. the two plans are VERY different in structure and with very different training intentions. The first 6 weeks delivers modest improvements in performances BUT better prepares you for the rigours of the second 6 weeks.
What you will get from your personalised plan
- A customised/personalised day-by-day training plan for 6 weeks in PDF/text format, sent by email, finishing on your race day is sent within 24 hours.
- The plan will be specified with speed/pace provided in the format you requested with an additional indication of Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE)
- Correct intensity workouts that are correctly structured and spaced throughout the plan.
- Proper amounts of recovery time to adapt to your workouts
- Increased intensities over the weeks before peaking and tapering to your race.
- Notes to tell you how to over-achieve in selected sessions if you feel particularly good on those days
- Notes to give you alternative workouts on selected days.
- A projected race-day target time/pace
- Race-day nutrition/supplementation guidance
- Race-day warmup guidance.
- Optional: A longer-term generic target (based on the optional provision by you of your parkrun ID and long distance performances) along with a general guide on weaknesses to address in your longterm training.
- Day 1 of the week is assumed to be Sunday with the last day AND RACE DAY on a Day 7, Saturday.
- If your race is on a Sunday then the plan WILL AUTOMATICALLY have your CORRECT dates and days of the week. HOWEVER Monday will then default to your long run day (on the occasions when a long run is specified)
What you will not get from the personalised plan
- Please comment, below, for support. Please note that your plan may well be very differently structured to someone else who gets a plan from here.
- HR Zones: See the FAQ below
- There is no opportunity to exchange emails to discuss the plan BUT I will address any errors in the plan for whatever reasons and will enter into a discussion about errors to resolve any issue.
- Rest days will be set. You will not have the ability to specify the day-of-the-week for ‘rest days’ or ‘long run’ days. (When set, the long run is on the first day of the week, usually Sunday). If you want this level of adaptability or to know what to do in the event of: missed training sessions; mis-performed training session; or illness, then you need to get a coach! I’m happy to train you on a more personal basis, explained (here).
PREMIUM OPTION: For GBP 14.99 you get the same plan and I will answer questions by email. I’m happy to exchange 2 or 3 emails and I will give a reasonably considered response either to answer questions about the plan or to point your training in a good direction. I’m making this option as I have been getting into detailed email conversation for the basic option. I have to eat and my time is limited! You can pay the GBP 14.99 also by paypal. Included in this option is the estimation of your Heart Rate training zones – you will need to supply a TCX, FIT or HRM file that includes a flat out 20 minute effort with elevated heart rate ie just running 20 minutes is not enough as your heart will take 5-10 minutes to ‘get up to a proper level’ so a 10k PB/PR might be OK or a 5K PB might be OK if you are finishing in over 25 minutes. IT doesn’t matter too much if this is from a performance 6-9 months ago as your HR zones will likely be similar now.
Caveats: (This) page lists many of the caveats and indicates how honest you need to be to yourself about what you can achieve. The main caveat is that you need to ensure you are fit to undertake strenuous exercise.
Thank you for supporting this site: Please recommend this plan to others if you like it and/or comment below. You can always pay more though paypal if you like 😉 but maybe, instead, you could click on one of the Amazon links on the right hand side and the next thing you buy there I get a small commission for and you pay the same price. If you wnat to do your entire Christmas shopping that way I’d be super happy 😉 [joking] Thank you!
- What if my race is 9 weeks away?
- A: Sign up for the 12 week plan
- What if I want to achieve a sub20 5k? Which plan should I choose
- It’s great to have goals but you can only improve by so much in a given period of time. I could send you a sub 15 minute 5k plan but you would not be able to execute it (neither could I !!)
- I want to train by HR. Dos your plan support this?
- Strictly ‘no’ it does not. However RPE zones are provided and, for longer runs, these should match your HR zones. However for shorter intervals you should be training by running-power, RPE or PACE/SPEED and NOT BY HR as it takes 30 seconds or so for your heart to respond to your actual effort.