Signup for a 6 week rapid-improver plan for a parkrun/5k PR/PB
This is a paid-for plan which is PERSONALISED to your ability level giving you optimal training for 6 weeks with everything leading up to a maximum PB / PR performance in your RACE.
Your plan provides detailed, daily instructions for effective training. Further, extensive, guidance enables you to adapt your training to work even harder on key days when you feel good.
From a recognised Age-Group triathlon/run coach who has guided numerous athletes into international competition, highly placed finishers and one European medallist.
This plan is parkrun-friendly, most Saturdays have 5k runs in the schedule.
What you need to send me (use the form below):
- A recent 5k PB / PR. ‘Recent’ means within the last 2 months. If you want you can send me a figure of what you think you could ACTUALLY have achieved in a race if you tried ‘a bit harder’. That’s your call but please DO NOT SEND your target time, it won’t work properly! You will NOT be able to execute the plan properly.
- Your email address (I haven’t got an email database so you can’t be added to it!!)
- Payment of GBP9.99 by paypal to email@example.com.
Optionally you can provide the following which further refine and improve the personalised plan you get.
- OPTIONAL: A race date (day & month). (Default: day 1 starts on the first Sunday after payment is received)
- OPTIONAL: The format in which you want speed/pace presented ie pace or speed, metric or imperial (Default: metric pace)
- OPTIONAL: Additionally send me a fairly recent long-distance PB/PR. So that could be a marathon, half marathon or 10 miles or 10k (optional). This is because generic race prediction tools are not strictly correct. Such tools state trained- long-term potential against a uniform distance/pace curve. The reality is that YOUR distance/pace curve has more than one inflection point depending on how well trained you over various distances. Providing a long-distance time enables better long-term training targets to be set for you
- OPTIONAL: Your name
- OPTIONAL: Sex Male/Female
- OPTIONAL: Date of birth or age
- OPTIONAL: Your parkrun ID number.
The personalised 6 week 5k plan rapid improver plan is GBP9.99. Click the button or paypal directly to firstname.lastname@example.org – clicking/acceptance means you are medically fit for strenuous exercise. Thank you!
Don’t forget to PAYPAL Checkout – REQUIRED – no plan will be sent otherwise!:
What you will get from your personalised plan
- A customised/personalised day-by-day training plan for 6 weeks in PDF format, sent by email, finishing on your race day is sent within 24 hours.
- The plan will be specified with speed/pace provided in the format you requested with an additional indication of Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE)
- Correct intensity workouts that are correctly structured and spaced throughout the plan.
- Proper amounts of recovery time to adapt to your workouts
- Increased intensities over the weeks before peaking and tapering to your race.
- Notes to tell you how to over-achieve in selected sessions if you feel particularly good on those days
- Notes to give you alternative workouts on selected days.
- A projected race-day target time/pace
- Race-day nutrition/supplementation guidance
- Race-day warmup guidance.
- Optional: A longer-term generic target (based on the optional provision by you of your parkrun ID and long distance performances) along with a general guide on weaknesses to address in your longterm training.
- Day 1 of the week is assumed to be Sunday with the last day AND RACE DAY on a Day 7, Saturday.
- If your race is on a Sunday then the plan WILL AUTOMATICALLY have your CORRECT dates and days of the week. HOWEVER Monday will then default to your long run day (on the occasions when a long run is specified)
What you will not get from the personalised plan
- Please comment, below, for support. Please note that your plan may well be very differently structured to someone else who gets a plan from here.
- HR Zones: please contact me if you want a plan based on HR Zones. This feature might be added later in the year
- There is no opportunity to exchange emails to discuss the plan BUT I will address any errors in the plan for whatever reasons and will enter into a discussion about errors to resolve any issue.
- Rest days will be set. You will not have the ability to specify the day-of-the-week for ‘rest days’ or ‘long run’ days. (When set, the long run is on the first day of the week, usually Sunday). If you want this level of adaptability or to know what to do in the event of: missed training sessions; mis-performed training session; or illness, then you need to get a coach! I’m happy to train you on a more personal basis, explained (here).
Caveats: (This) page lists many of the caveats and indicates how honest you need to be to yourself about what you can achieve. The main caveat is that you need to ensure you are fit to undertake strenuous exercise.