Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running display views
Hi 

Despite the lack of a number of features, that I believe will be sorted out in time, I am still considering getting a vantage m, although I am looking at the Suunto Spartans as well.

One thing I like on the Suunto Spartan is the outer ring that shows what zone you are in - and I believe the Spartan will show this for heart rate, pace or power depending on what you have selected as the target.

I see the Vantage M has a similar feature and can see that it works for heart rate. Is it also possible to edit the displays so that it targets pace or power?

Thanks.
(04-08-2019, 04:20 AM)kullboys Wrote: Hi 

Despite the lack of a number of features, that I believe will be sorted out in time, I am still considering getting a vantage m, although I am looking at the Suunto Spartans as well.

One thing I like on the Suunto Spartan is the outer ring that shows what zone you are in - and I believe the Spartan will show this for heart rate, pace or power depending on what you have selected as the target.

I see the Vantage M has a similar feature and can see that it works for heart rate. Is it also possible to edit the displays so that it targets pace or power?

Thanks.

Can't help on the polar, but to confirm the Spartan does show HR, pace or power depending on what you choose as the intensity target; if none is chose, it defaults to HR on my watch.
Nope, the Zone Pointer, as Polar calls this Training View, is only available for HR. If you create a phased workout, however, you get a graph depending on what your target intensity is for HR or pace, no power though.
U can set up hr, pace and power zones. There is currently only a pointer for hr though. But there is a seperate view for power where it will show current on a graph max and average power

I looked at the suunto too before i bought ,but in the end not being able to load a program into the watch and have the watch guide me thru was a deal breaker for the suunto. Polar works so well in this area
(04-08-2019, 11:17 PM)Postaltwo Wrote: U can set up hr, pace and power zones. There is currently only a pointer for hr though. But there is a seperate view for power where it will show current  on a graph max and average power

I looked at the suunto too before i bought ,but in the end not being able to load a program into the watch and have the watch guide me thru was a deal breaker for the suunto. Polar works so well in this area

For me, that is biggest draw back at the moment in that in can only do simple sets of intervals. But nothing more complex (I was previously in polar with the m430, led the web programme capability,  but the app was far behind). The advantage is that you can do these with power.
(03-17-2019, 04:56 PM)PMV Wrote: I wonder how many updates does it take so that vantage series is performing on how it should be.

Otherwise, I'm seriously thinking of selling it off and just get a Garmin or Suunto which is much more stable in terms of OHr tracking.

(04-09-2019, 07:46 AM)DrEvil Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 11:17 PM)Postaltwo Wrote: U can set up hr, pace and power zones. There is currently only a pointer for hr though. But there is a seperate view for power where it will show current  on a graph max and average power

For me, that is biggest draw back at the moment in that in can only do simple sets of intervals. But nothing more complex (I was previously in polar with the m430, led the web programme capability,  but the app was far behind). The advantage is that you can do these with power.

I dont find polar flow far behind at all . Actually i find it superior to anything on the market atm . I guess everyone has a preference . Its sure is nice to have so many choices ,all of them effective trainng tools
(04-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Postaltwo Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 04:56 PM)PMV Wrote: I wonder how many updates does it take so that vantage series is performing on how it should be.

Otherwise, I'm seriously thinking of selling it off and just get a Garmin or Suunto which is much more stable in terms of OHr tracking.

For me,  that is biggest draw back at the moment in that in can only do simple sets of intervals. But nothing more complex (I was previously in polar with the m430, led the web programme capability,  but the app was far behind). The advantage is that you can do these with power.

I dont find polar flow far behind at all . Actually i find it superior to anything on the market atm . I guess everyone has a preference . Its sure is nice to have so many choices ,all of them effective trainng tools

When I was using the app 6 months ago, it could not do the same variety of workouts as you could in the web interface. You also could not change intensity zones in the app. So I kept having to use the web. For me the workout builder in the app was unfinished.
(04-10-2019, 09:54 PM)DrEvil Wrote:

For me,  that is biggest draw back at the moment in that in can only do simple sets of intervals. But nothing more complex (I was previously in polar with the m430, led the web programme capability,  but the app was far behind). The advantage is that you can do these with power.

When I was using the app 6 months ago, it could not do the same variety of workouts as you could in the web interface. You also could not change intensity zones in the app. So I kept having to use the web. For me the workout builder in the app was unfinished.

Ah ic . Yes the app is much better now. Still the web interface is better and has more functionality. It never really bothered me to make a workout on the web but i do enjoy the new functionality.
(04-11-2019, 03:34 AM)Postaltwo Wrote:

Ah ic . Yes the app is much better now. Still the web interface is better and has more  functionality. It never really bothered me to make a workout on the web but i do enjoy the new functionality.

Just tried the app as I still have it installed,  as far as i could see I still could not adjust zones and could not really identify any improvements that would help me for how I try to use structured workouts.
(04-12-2019, 06:30 PM)DrEvil Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 03:34 AM)Postaltwo Wrote:

(04-09-2019, 07:46 AM)DrEvil Wrote: For me,  that is biggest draw back at the moment in that in can only do simple sets of intervals. But nothing more complex (I was previously in polar with the m430, led the web programme capability,  but the app was far behind). The advantage is that you can do these with power.

Ah ic . Yes the app is much better now. Still the web interface is better and has more  functionality. It never really bothered me to make a workout on the web but i do enjoy the new functionality.

Just tried the app as I still have it installed,  as far as i could see I still could not adjust zones and could not really identify any improvements that would help me for how I try to use structured workouts.
Well u can build a structured workout on the app now so thats an improvement. U can also adjust your heartrate and pace and power zones on the app. Both are significant improvements imo . U can also move a scheduled workout to a different day . Previously u had to use the web version to preform that task