Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polar H10 Update for ANT+
Uptate for Polar H10 HR sensor to support ANT+ 

https://support.polar.com/en/updates/pol...vailable-0

I did some short test ;-)

The red graph is H10 ANT+ transmission to Suunto Ambit 2
The green graph is H10 BT to V800
The blue graph is H10 BT Apple iPhone SE with Polar Beat running.

The issue with the V800 in the beginning was my fault, so ignore it. In my opinion, the ANT+ data is sometimes overshooting sometimes going down too fast. I do not know if it is an issue of Ambit 2 recording, but I did some tests with different straps and sensors some time ago and had seen a similar issue on the Suunto devices. Need to get at least one Garmin to compare.

The cool thing is, that you can now connect at least two BT devices (enable in Beat) and no idea how many ANT+ devices because ANT+ is broadcasting so it should not be limited... The bad thing is, you need Flow to update and Beat to configure :-(
(04-16-2019, 05:09 PM)Joe Wrote: Uptate for Polar H10 HR sensor to support ANT+ 

https://support.polar.com/en/updates/pol...vailable-0

I did some short test ;-)

The red graph is H10 ANT+ transmission to Suunto Ambit 2
The green graph is H10 BT to V800
The blue graph is H10 BT Apple iPhone SE with Polar Beat running.

The issue with the V800 in the beginning was my fault, so ignore it. In my opinion, the ANT+ data is sometimes overshooting sometimes going down too fast. I do not know if it is an issue of Ambit 2 recording, but I did some tests with different straps and sensors some time ago and had seen a similar issue on the Suunto devices. Need to get at least one Garmin to compare.

The cool thing is, that you can now connect at least two BT devices (enable in Beat) and no idea how many ANT+ devices because ANT+ is broadcasting so it should not be limited... The bad thing is, you need Flow to update and Beat to configure :-(

I have done 2 runs using the H10 connected to a 935 via Ant+ and to the Vantage via bluetooth.

My HR curves are identical between the two.

Weirdly, my calculated distance on the 935 from the Stryd sensor (also connected via Ant+) has been off for both of these runs. I have never had to change from the default calibration factor before.

Distance is unchanged on the Vantage.