Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M440/Vantage L/V660
Where next for Polar?
The most likely option is to extend the current Vantage platform.
The easiest tech thing to do is to offer a cut-down version of Vantage.
Is "easy" profitable?

but Polar contiually innovate. Be it with M600 WearOs or the entry-level M200. It's fair to say they always surprise.

The V650 is now actually a super cheap and pretty awesome bike computer. It probably deserves to sell HEAPS more than it does. But it probably doesn't. Will Polar push the boat out with a V660? or focus all the eggs into the Vantage basket?

What about an A380 wrist band? Has the premium side of that market now gone for Polar? Is one more iteration possible?

The OH1 is a pretty good oHR strap. Is there scope for a new one?
i think they are struggling to get the vantages to work well and stopped all other future products. they got lots of work on that and this is in my opinion crucial for the company, if they fail they are done...

i don´t think any M4xx will be released in the future; vantage M was the replacement.

maybe they bring a successor of the M200 with color display.

a good chance is oHR for polar. if they manage to get the vantages to work well on oHR (especially with their long experience in HR monitoring and scientific backgrounds) they are a big step ahead of all their direct competitors, all others are struggling their and don´t bring up valid oHR results.

it was a bad move of polar to release another unfinished vantage. they´ve learned nothing from v800 where they did the same.
unfortunately all their competitors are not much better in this aspects.

i´m really interested in the arising small companies like COROS which stomp out very good products with lots of features for a rather small money but they are also struggling with teething problems Smile. they can hurt the big players in some segments which hopefully forces them to increases the quality of their products again.
(12-19-2018, 11:52 AM)naiboo Wrote: i think they are struggling to get the vantages to work well and stopped all other future products. they got lots of work on that and this is in my opinion crucial for the company, if they fail they are done...

i don´t think any M4xx will be released in the future; vantage M was the replacement.

maybe they bring a successor of the M200 with color display.

a good chance is oHR for polar. if they manage to get the vantages to work well on oHR (especially with their long experience in HR monitoring and scientific backgrounds) they are a big step ahead of all their direct competitors, all others are struggling their and don´t bring up valid oHR results.

it was a bad move of polar to release another unfinished vantage. they´ve learned nothing from v800 where they did the same.
unfortunately all their competitors are not much better in this aspects.

i´m really interested in the arising small companies like COROS which stomp out very good products with lots of features for a rather small money but they are also struggling with teething problems Smile. they can hurt the big players in some segments which hopefully forces them to increases the quality of their products again.
maybe the m200 can be replaced but it is crowded there and the chinese companies can compete in that space with lots of features
a vantage lite would be easier. just turn off running with power and a few other things
ohr - Apple apparently have this cracked? I'll have to get one

Vantage is close to where it should be. a few bugs are not the end of the world, getting ohr and gps to be awesome is what they must do (by their own definition of what the product should be)

are coros struggling? maybe a few bugs but it seems pretty complete to me on the watch side of things.