Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Structured Workouts
How likely is it that structured workouts/phased targets will come to the Apex? I follow an 80/20 running plan based on Matt Fitzgerald’s work and mix up heart rate zones within each run. This was easy on my Garmin, impossible on Suunto Spartan/9 and doable on Polar units. 
If COROS add this to this watch (along with the upcoming routing capabilities) then the light weight and amazing battery life will move it ahead of the pack in my opinion - as a serious running/tri watch I mean
I don't think you will see it in the immediate future.
if you think about all the compoenents that need to be added to match what's in garmin conenct...it's huge
i suspect cors will still have a crack at it sometime in some shape or form in 2019
I hope so, it’s such a massive feature as you can tell from the huge numbers of disgruntled Suunto users
The interval run activity on Coros is simple to set up and super easy to follow during your workout. What would be nice is if you could have two separate "sets" of intervals, say 3x20 seconds w rest followed by a 20 minute tempo run
(12-23-2018, 03:56 PM)Stromz Wrote: The interval run activity on Coros is simple to set up and super easy to follow during your workout. What would be nice is if you could have two separate "sets" of intervals, say 3x20 seconds w rest followed by a 20 minute tempo run

Yeah the interval function is far too basic for what I need. Currently using my Polar Vantage and simply tracking the run with my Apex
Holy Grail: https://www.trizone.com.au/20181223/fina...ct-iq-app/

(I'm using FinalSurge by way of Hansons Run Club, but I've had sooo many bad experiences with Garmin that I can't imagine ever using one of their products again.)
(12-23-2018, 10:32 AM)Chunkymunky Wrote: How likely is it that structured workouts/phased targets will come to the Apex? I follow an 80/20 running plan based on Matt Fitzgerald’s work and mix up heart rate zones within each run. This was easy on my Garmin, impossible on Suunto Spartan/9 and doable on Polar units. 
If COROS add this to this watch (along with the upcoming routing capabilities) then the light weight and amazing battery life will move it ahead of the pack in my opinion - as a serious running/tri watch I mean

We have added the structured workouts in our todo list but no clear timeline on the release yet. We are aware of how important this feature is to serious runners and triathletes and will try to realize this in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
(01-07-2019, 09:24 AM)david-coros Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 10:32 AM)Chunkymunky Wrote: How likely is it that structured workouts/phased targets will come to the Apex? I follow an 80/20 running plan based on Matt Fitzgerald’s work and mix up heart rate zones within each run. This was easy on my Garmin, impossible on Suunto Spartan/9 and doable on Polar units. 

We have added the structured workouts in our todo list but no clear timeline on the release yet. We are aware of how important this feature is to serious runners and triathletes and will try to realize this in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Awesome, good to know it's at least on the radar.

Any chance of an update on route planning? Would love to dump my Suunto and be Apex exclusive but can't until this update [Image: smile.png]
(01-07-2019, 10:08 PM)Stromz Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 09:24 AM)david-coros Wrote:

Awesome, good to know it's at least on the radar.

Any chance of an update on route planning? Would love to dump my Suunto and be Apex exclusive but can't until this update [Image: smile.png]
I hear you, Stromz. The navigation feature is delayed due to more extensive testings needed. The current release date is around mid Feb.