Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin 935 Plus
(12-11-2018, 08:48 AM)Joe Wrote: Hello Thomas,

I'm not even able to tell how to reach TE2,8 or any other figure for myself. I woud say: dont give to much attention to the figures and more on that wat you feel. In MY opinion - if you like to improve, you should do at least on session/week, where you get out of your comfortable zone (where fun ends ;-) ). This does not neccessary mean to jump into HIIT training immediately, which I would say is something to keep for later. A combination of some long, slow jogs and some Fartleg training togeather with cardio, stabilisation and coordination training would be a good start. Start slow and if you think more is possible, just try. And do not forget to recover after your workout.

You need to find your pace first, to get a feeling for having improved, did stay on the same level or were a lazy guy. The, I think you can start to have a look on the figures.

Just my 5c.

Im a gadget-guy and and using fitness gadets is motivating and inspiring me to train. Thats why I read webpages like the5krunner, DCRainmaker and GPSrumors :-)
And now I have just bought a brand new Forerunner 645 and this watch is able to do a real live reading of the "Training Effects" so this way I can stop when I reach a specific choosen TE e.g. 2.8.
So I was thinking it would be more easy to take the sensing and thinking out of the training and follow a plan witch relied on my current fitness level and my training history - and that is what Firstbeats "Training Effect" can do.
T
If you like to stick to a plan - that's not a bad thing. Having a plan helps to see how near or far you are on the track you have choosen to go. I didn't want you to drop away your FR 645. I do not know Firstbeat very well, but to give it a try is better doing nothing! I would be glad to hear about your progress with it and your improvements!

I totally understand you: at the moment I own a Vantage V, Suunto 9, Ambit 2 Peak, V800 and FR 735. I have sold the Fenix 5x plus because it's not worth the price, in my opinion and the FR 935 because I bought the 5x plus afterwards.

Maybe you do better than me: actually, I do not know which watch to use for sports, each one has it's drawbacks and beloved features :-(

.) the Vantage is the prettiest one with the best out of the box environment (Polar Flow) for training. But it's more or less in alpha stadium on the firmware side (GPS, WHR, swim metrics).
.) Suunto 9 is my #1 at the moment: except WHR quality, which is not able to handle quick changes of HR. GPS is ok, WEB frontend is very good
.) Ambit 2 is great but has no smartwatch features (as like the Vantage at the moment) and it's bulky. BUT: it has ANT+ and GPS is GREAT
.) V800 is still the best, but ugly. BEST!!! GPS but no WHR
.) Fenix 5x PLUS was a brick on my wrist, GPS quality went from bad to worse with every firmware update. Music did not work with my .m4a files and Garmin never did respond to me. But direct access to data (I'm using RubiTrack on OSX). Web interface very good.
.) FR 735 & FR935 are great watches!!, but I wanted something new (WHY, oh WHY!) and GPS quality also decreased since Galileo support was added (935) and other issues.

Joe.
(12-11-2018, 08:08 PM)Joe Wrote: If you like to stick to a plan - that's not a bad thing. Having a plan helps to see how near or far you are on the track you have choosen to go. I didn't want you to drop away your FR 645. I do not know Firstbeat very well, but to give it a try is better doing nothing! I would be glad to hear about your progress with it and your improvements!

I totally understand you: at the moment I own a Vantage V, Suunto 9, Ambit 2 Peak, V800 and FR 735. I have sold the Fenix 5x plus because it's not worth the price, in my opinion and the FR 935 because I bought the 5x plus afterwards.

Maybe you do better than me: actually, I do not know which watch to use for sports, each one has it's drawbacks and beloved features :-(

.) the Vantage is the prettiest one with the best out of the box environment (Polar Flow) for training. But it's more or less in alpha stadium on the firmware side (GPS, WHR, swim metrics).
.) Suunto 9 is my #1 at the moment: except WHR quality, which is not able to handle quick changes of HR. GPS is ok, WEB frontend is very good
.) Ambit 2 is great but has no smartwatch features (as like the Vantage at the moment) and it's bulky. BUT: it has ANT+ and GPS is GREAT
.) V800 is still the best, but ugly. BEST!!! GPS but no WHR
.) Fenix 5x PLUS was a brick on my wrist, GPS quality went from bad to worse with every firmware update. Music did not work with my .m4a files and Garmin never did respond to me. But direct access to data (I'm using RubiTrack on OSX). Web interface very good.
.) FR 735 & FR935 are great watches!!, but I wanted something new (WHY, oh WHY!) and GPS quality also decreased since Galileo support was added (935) and other issues.

Joe.

that's one big YUP to all of that.
Cat. Pigeons

Let's put the first amongst the second and see what happens.

2019: Here's what will happen.

There will be no 935 plus. There will be no 945. There will be no 745XT

#BooHoo #CryCry #SobSob

Instead there will be two (perhaps three if you include an even cheaper one) new triahtlon models. Of course they will all be basically the same physical piece of electronics kit as each other but with trimmed down firmware and maybe some higher quality case/strap options. They will be a new 'sub brand' for Garmin ie FORERUNNER is a sub brand so, something like that. Perhaps Garmin ForeTri 105, 205 and 305 ...

#Yay

They will also be released with a running power footpod (or pod) of some sort

#Discuss (PS rumours say that's true...so it's always best to agree ;-) )
(12-20-2018, 06:37 AM)vitmanov Wrote: I own both the 935 and the 645M. When I purchased the 645, my plan was to sell the 935, but I've not been able to because the 645M is so unreliable. I've owned may Forerunners over the years, and have never seen a Garmin device this buggy. It's six months into release, but it still reboots at random, can't play music reliably, still doesn't support advertised streaming service Deezer, HR broadcast is unreliable. I could go on. This product was rushed to market and is burning goodwill with the Garmin customer base. I'd recommend a 935 and an iPod shuffle at this point.

still doesn't support deezer? which country are you in? there are music licencing issues with some services in some locales