• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WearOS or Vivoactive 3 PLUS
There's a new Garmin product that is likely to be coming

https://the5krunner.com/2018/11/26/new-v...-imminent/

What would be added if it were a Vivoactive 3 PLUS - maps and music?...or more

WearOS from Garmin would just be cool. IMHO
[Image: Capture-23.png]
Hey 5K!

Good find, however, I can't see it being a Vivoactive 3 Plus, Garmin only released the Vivoactive 3 Music in June.

What is interesting when you do some digging around is the confidentiality date for the photos and some of the other revealing data. Its the 7th Jan 2019, the day before the CES show. Suggests to me a big launch maybe?
You have stated that the filling list only 1 physical button. As far as I understand - at least one physical button is mandatory for Wear OS watches. But many WearOS based watches manufacturers are adding more buttons, especially for sport-oriented watches. So in Garmin case - it would make sense to have additional buttons. Especially, if this is supposed to be Wear OS + Garmin sport tracking app on it (I assume that in such sport oriented Wear OS app, at least one button would be assigned to start activity tracking).
Another thing is that there is NFC + BT radios only. I anticipate that in modern Wear OS WiFi radio is basically obligatory.
Bottom line: I doubt it is WearOS device (while I would actually want it to be one).
(11-28-2018, 09:11 AM)bgrenda Wrote: You have stated that the filling list only 1 physical button. As far as I understand - at least one physical button is mandatory for Wear OS watches. But many WearOS based watches manufacturers are adding more buttons, especially for sport-oriented watches.  So in Garmin case - it would make sense to have additional buttons. Especially, if this is supposed to be Wear OS + Garmin sport tracking app on it (I assume that in such sport oriented Wear OS app, at least one button would be assigned to start activity tracking).
Another thing is that there is NFC + BT radios only. I anticipate that in modern Wear OS WiFi radio is basically obligatory.
Bottom line: I doubt it is WearOS device (while I would actually want it to be one).

yep, my money is on the VA3M+ for this announcement. it sounds like the va3. apparently elsewhere in the fcc filing they talk about ant+, so that probably would rule out WearOS. Unless there are other filings that i have not seen (more than likely...i have a day job!!)

but i'm hoping (and have some other info) that a WearOS watch is on the cards too.
(11-26-2018, 11:02 PM)Active JR Wrote: Hey 5K!

Good find, however, I can't see it being a Vivoactive 3 Plus, Garmin only released the Vivoactive 3 Music in June.

What is interesting when you do some digging around is the confidentiality date for the photos and some of the other revealing data. Its the 7th Jan 2019, the day before the CES show. Suggests to me a big launch maybe?

see my previous comment

the CES timing raises the point that you make. ie why launch a relatively minor product variant at CES.

the va3 *IS* important to Garmin and a reasonably big seller but it ain't no fenix.

whereas a WearOS watch is a totally new segment AND it could be a big one for Garmin.
Original VA was a CES announcement.
(11-28-2018, 08:09 PM)soap Wrote: Original VA was a CES announcement.

yes the Va through to VA3 (Music) are major products.
is a VA3+ MAJOR??? I'm not so sure it is. depends what they add tho. if it has LTE in it then I guess it WOULD be major.
They just filed an interesting amendment to the application on this dismissing their application because "the application contains company sensitive information that will seriously compromise a very important marketing announcement at our biggest trade show of the year."

The reason for their dismissal: check out the RF Exposure document. They report that the device has LTE. LTE enabled Vivoactive device is launching at CES 2019.
(12-07-2018, 05:34 PM)mjb Wrote: They just filed an interesting amendment to the application on this dismissing their application because "the application contains company sensitive information that will seriously compromise a very important marketing announcement at our biggest trade show of the year."

The reason for their dismissal: check out the RF Exposure document. They report that the device has LTE. LTE enabled Vivoactive device is launching at CES 2019.

Yup !