Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polar Vantage M Firmware update Thread
https://support.polar.com/en/updates/pol...re-updates

Firmware 3.0.10 - released 11.2.2019

anyone updated the new firmware? Any sharing?
GPS looked alright...but not any different to before. only one run
Five runs since updating, algorithms seem to be the same. Same meh GPS with lots of shifting , and same sub-par OHR as before.
Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I would like to share my experience with Vantage M.
I was hoping that the update will be fixed same problems, but nothing changed for me.
For now I used it mostly for running and this are the main issues:

1. HR reading on wrist is very inaccurate. Try both arms and tighten but always same story.
Just start to show about 20bpm less then it should be. This error occurs at start in the 
middle or at the end of training for several times.

2. GPS instante pace jumps up and down, clearly visible on the graph after the end of the training.

3. BACKLIGHTS can be brighter in same cases but more disturbing is how little time is on and then 
quickly goes out (about 7 seconds). Also no backlight on automatic lap warning.

4. When running I do not know if it's possible to see average HR in automatic lap notification (eg.every km).

I did not have any of the above problems with cheap Polar M200. So is hard to understand why there are on Vantage.  Huh
It may be because the Vantage watch consumes less battery and affects on accuracy?

Matej
I'm having the same issues as what describe above. Bad oHR reading, bad GPS and so on. Seriously this is really turning off for me.

Wondering if one can ask for refund with Polar?
(02-21-2019, 10:03 AM)Pingo123 Wrote: Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I would like to share my experience with Vantage M.
I was hoping that the update will be fixed same problems, but nothing changed for me.
For now I used it mostly for running and this are the main issues:

1. HR reading on wrist is very inaccurate. Try both arms and tighten but always same story.
Just start to show about 20bpm less then it should be. This error occurs at start in the 
middle or at the end of training for several times.

2. GPS instante pace jumps up and down, clearly visible on the graph after the end of the training.

3. BACKLIGHTS can be brighter in same cases but more disturbing is how little time is on and then 
quickly goes out (about 7 seconds). Also no backlight on automatic lap warning.

4. When running I do not know if it's possible to see average HR in automatic lap notification (eg.every km).

I did not have any of the above problems with cheap Polar M200. So is hard to understand why there are on Vantage.  Huh
It may be because the Vantage watch consumes less battery and affects on accuracy?

Matej

vantage has a new GPS chip which is a low power model. that shouldn't affect accuracy per se.
[/quote]

vantage has a new GPS chip which is a low power model. that shouldn't affect accuracy per se.
[/quote]

But yet accuracy is an issue with these watches. I love love love my m430 and want advanced training load features. So disappointing there isnt a decent upgrade path for me. Wish they would have just slapped a hr sensor on the v800
[/quote]

But yet accuracy is an issue with these watches. I love love love my m430 and want advanced training load features. So disappointing there isnt a decent upgrade path for me. Wish they would have just slapped a hr sensor on the v800
[/quote]

we are where we are!
coros use the exact same gps chip in the Apex and get better results. so, hopefully, polar will improve things. altestFW from this week is rumoured by some to have improved gps but i have not tested it
Hello,
I've just ended my jog with my M and new firmware. Not sure about improved GPS, but for the first time it took like 5-6 minutes for a GPS to get a lock.
This never happened with 3.0.10 (which is one I've been using since I bought the watch). Usually it takes about max 30 seconds to get a lock.

[/quote]

we are where we are!
coros use the exact same gps chip in the Apex and get better results. so, hopefully, polar will improve things. altestFW from this week is rumoured by some to have improved gps but i have not tested it
[/quote]
After my fourth run under 3.1.7 I can definitely say that OHR is next to useless now. While it wasn't much to write home about for intervals anyway, it's way off during steady state runs now as well. Maximum is 15-20 beats too high, and on avg. I get about +10 beats than what my 935 paired with HRM-Run ends up with, which is in line with my perceived effort. Not to mention that as soon as you start an activity, the OHR sensor drops out for about 5mins before it manages to get a reading.
On the plus side it seems that GPS improved a bit.