Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming distances, pace and HR problems.
I have just started swimming few months ago. Now, I want to track my speed as well as the blood pressure and heart beat per minute etc of myself while swimming. Which device is most reliable? I found some but not getting the exact match that I want.

-----------------------
why do you want to measure blood pressure.
Depeding on you age or health condition (or just for pesonal interest), it might be good to know, how far you still can go without harm yourself. Maybe medical assistance in that case would be better, but additional support by such a device - if reliable enough - would be an additional benefit to live quality, I think.
(01-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Joe Wrote: Depeding on you age or health condition (or just for pesonal interest), it might be good to know, how far you still can go without harm yourself. Maybe medical assistance in that case would be better, but additional support by such a device - if reliable enough - would be an additional benefit to live quality, I think.

whilst exercising, blood pressure will be raised.

interpretation of non-exercise levels are shown in the attachment

has anyone seen BP measurements that are acceptable during exercise or even intense exercise?

I returned my Vantage M, and bought V800 instead with H10 chest strap.

My first  swimming session with v800 shows that watch is from different league.
1100m done, i lost 20 m, but i know exactly where i lost 20m. (really clumsy push off the wall when someone block my way in lane)

All phases recognized right in 100m or 200m blocks. No splits in phases.

No mixed styles during blocks as it was in vantage M
Freestyle is freestyle.
Breaststroke is a breaststroke.
Even Backstroke was right.

So I really don't understand why they didn't copy algorithms from V800 to Vantage.

Only thing i miss from Vantage is how light and comfortable it was.
V800 is thicker and heavier and less comfortable than my old M400.
Anyone load the new update? Is it any better ?
(02-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Postaltwo Wrote: Anyone load the new update? Is it any better ?

I am sorry to disappoint you, but the new firmware update didn't change anything.

I swam today:

Distance: 2500m
Time: 58min

I did some technical drills first, followed by mostly 100m and 200m sets in a 50m pool, all freestyle. I tried to save laps by pressing the "lap" button.

Results from the vantage:

Distance: 1800m (30% off)
HR: Random numbers between 120 and 150. I really cant relate it to any of my efforts
Swimstyle: seems to be ok this time (only freestyle detected)

Laps: No manual laps recorded at all (this bug persists after 3 months??)
And in recent firmware update, they add useless features like phone notifications, but the most basic watch functions still do not work. Why would I even wear a watch for swimming when it cant count laps? It would be enough if it could simply save the lap times, Any watch from 1990 can do that.

I wonder if any of the polar engineers tried if the product works even once.

So. Lets wait for the next firmware release -.-
It must be something wrong with your watch.
My recorded manual laps. But I recorded manually rest time too.
So I used it as a normal stopwatch mode. To be sure about my pace.

My last chance watch test session before I returned watch.

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/3121811884

that's oldest one when everything was mess up:
https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/3066228250
I see, you really do have manual laps. Maybe my watch is really bugged. It just seems weird that this could be hardware related? I did a full watch reset which did not improve it. Maybe a watch replacement will really help.

I see there are two similiar sport profiles, "Swim" and "Pool Swim" or "Bahnschwimmen" in german. I see that yours are "Pool Swim". Although I think my profile "swim" should still be correct, as polar mentions here, maybe it will work when I switch to "Pool Swimming".

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/3221715519

Thanks,

Robert
I tried many of the techniques described here, but always lost track. I purchased a COUNTU Goal counter/timer for about $38 from Amazon and have been very pleased. It's small (you wear it like a ring) and easy to use: just push a button at the end of every lap (or length if you prefer) and it counts them and keeps track of the total elapsed time and the average, fastest, and slowest laps. It's small and light enough that it's not noticeable while swimming.
And COUNTU has unique function, vibrate alarm function. If you preset a time goal or lap counting goal, it can vibrate to alarm you when you achieve the goal.
There are sensor-based watches that automatically determine when you are swimming and when you are done with each lap or length but they cost a lot more (over $100) and are larger and more obtrusive. However, they isn't suit for everyone, like beginner, elder or crowded swimming lane.