Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops I'm navigating
Anyone else having very bad experiences with navigation? Used it three times the last two weeks and three times the V crashed. Fortunately two times it was at the starting point, so I could just start over. Third time was at 1/3 of my run, so I missed quite a bit of data.
(03-26-2019, 07:17 PM)roger4807 Wrote: Anyone else having very bad experiences with navigation? Used it three times the last two weeks and three times the V crashed. Fortunately two times it was at the starting point, so I could just start over. Third time was at 1/3 of my run, so I missed quite a bit of data.

Yes - got oops crash message today 26km into my run Angry  Don’t often use navigation but was today as it was a new and twisty route for me. Lost the entire activity. Very unimpressed... Firstly, just shouldn’t crash - this should be prime quality driver for devs and the functionality of the watch is not so extensive that this should be a factor. Secondly, not saving activity data periodically to persistent store is like a word processor from the 1980’s - a crash should not lose the entire activity... Logged a support case but not that hopeful.
I just ran a short route this week that doubled back on itself. After my first turn, shortly into my run, the Vantage V somehow decided I was now on the return route. I kept going, but once I hit the end of the route and turned around, it "Oopsed" and lost all record of the run. Definitely makes me feel skittish about using navigation for a longer route in the future.
I'm getting the same problem as of 5th April. Managed 1 run without it crashing, 4 others ''oops...' and lost everything. Has anyone heard from Polar about this? I'm pretty certain it is software so I am reluctant to send my watch back, which polar have recommended