Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops I'm navigating
Anyone else having very bad experiences with navigation? Used it three times the last two weeks and three times the V crashed. Fortunately two times it was at the starting point, so I could just start over. Third time was at 1/3 of my run, so I missed quite a bit of data.
(03-26-2019, 07:17 PM)roger4807 Wrote: Anyone else having very bad experiences with navigation? Used it three times the last two weeks and three times the V crashed. Fortunately two times it was at the starting point, so I could just start over. Third time was at 1/3 of my run, so I missed quite a bit of data.

Yes - got oops crash message today 26km into my run Angry  Don’t often use navigation but was today as it was a new and twisty route for me. Lost the entire activity. Very unimpressed... Firstly, just shouldn’t crash - this should be prime quality driver for devs and the functionality of the watch is not so extensive that this should be a factor. Secondly, not saving activity data periodically to persistent store is like a word processor from the 1980’s - a crash should not lose the entire activity... Logged a support case but not that hopeful.
I just ran a short route this week that doubled back on itself. After my first turn, shortly into my run, the Vantage V somehow decided I was now on the return route. I kept going, but once I hit the end of the route and turned around, it "Oopsed" and lost all record of the run. Definitely makes me feel skittish about using navigation for a longer route in the future.
I'm getting the same problem as of 5th April. Managed 1 run without it crashing, 4 others ''oops...' and lost everything. Has anyone heard from Polar about this? I'm pretty certain it is software so I am reluctant to send my watch back, which polar have recommended
(03-26-2019, 07:17 PM)roger4807 Wrote: Anyone else having very bad experiences with navigation? Used it three times the last two weeks and three times the V crashed. Fortunately two times it was at the starting point, so I could just start over. Third time was at 1/3 of my run, so I missed quite a bit of data.

same problem here, crashed after 25 min; lost all data. I've noticed it to Polar, no answer yet. anyone tried after the April 29th update (V.3.2.10)?.
(04-30-2019, 07:06 AM)erwan-breton Wrote:

same problem here, crashed after 25 min; lost all data. I've noticed it to Polar, no answer yet. anyone tried after the April 29th update (V.3.2.10)?.

Not any better with 3.2.10. Totally unreliable. After two error free navigation runs, now a crash at 15k of a 30k trail. I'm done with it and ordering a Garmin 935 (or 945). The V is ok for road running, but totally useless for serious trail running. I will miss Flow though and I keep using my H10 and OH1.
Heard back from Polar Support and apparently they are aware of this and they have a fix ready in the next update. A temporary fix is to delete the route and re-upload it. Wonder how that helps, but ok.
I will give them one last chance....before going to the dark (Garmin) side.