the5krunner goes in-depth with endurance sports electronics: detailed product reviews that stay online for all time; opinion and insight into the latest, greatest sporting innovations for endurance athletes; and journeys through the authors’ personal sporting endeavours & quests.
- Vuelio Top 10 UK Running Blog 2016: http://www.vuelio.com/uk/social-media-index/uk-top-10-running-blogs/
- Vuelio Top 10 UK Sports Blog 2016: http://www.vuelio.com/uk/social-media-index/top-10-uk-general-sports-blogs/
- My Ironman Journey 2017: https://the5krunner.com/tag/ironman/
- Approximately 2 million views per annum (over 200,000 Jan 2017)
- Approximately 1 million unique visitors per annum
- 58% Europe
- 25% North America
Source: wordpress.com stats
- 60% Male
- Median Age: 35
Quoted audience figures exclude: twitter following, facebook following, wordpress.com blog followers, Instagram following, google+ following, pinterest following, youtube following. Those in bold are more significant. Feb 2017 sees migration to self-hosted site ending the series of stats shown.
Some of 2016’s biggest talking points.
December 2016: Mizuno Waverider 20 – the latest greatest evolution
December 2016: STRYD – ‘power’ for running measurement comes to the foot
November 2016: Garmin Fenix 5 Collection, Previews & Opinions for 2017
November: Polar M600, the best strategic move in 2016. Androidwear goes endurance.
October 2016: Runscribe PRO, the running ‘form’ tool
October 23016: Suunto SPARTAN Sport, Suunto take on the might of Garmin
October 2016: The Best GPS Running Watch Awards 2016
September 2016: Garmin Edge 820 – ‘Most featured’, best-ever cycling computer?
June 2016: The Best Triathlon Watch Awards 2016
May 2016: Garmin Forerunner 735XT the populist tri watch for runners
April 2016: BSX Insight – Muscle Oxygenation & Lactate threshold Estimation
March 2016: ROTOR InPower 3d+ and ROTOR Q-Rings with MAS
February 2016: Polar A360 Activity Tracker
2017 and FUTURES
The content strategy for 2017 is to expand the scope of athletic-related content AND channels through semi-permanent guest-bloggers who are successful in their own right eg theflexitarian.co.uk and kinetic-revolution.com (vLogger). Possible other inclusion will be ‘a running cause’, mass-appeal parkrun content, outdoor content, specialist HRV content; and technical bike content.
A custom offering is straightforward to agree & deliver. Standard, more traditional, offerings include:
- £1600 – £2300 – Detailed product review commensurate in length with the complexity of the product being reviewed, including a comparative accuracy test and with my images and syndicated through my social media.
- £400pcm (minimum commitment 1 quarter) – Ongoing ‘mentions’ (4/month) to a single client-specified backlink.
- £500 per existing product review inclusion (minimum 2 products) – Inserting product mentions and links in my reviews of leading sports watches. I could specifically test the PRODUCT X’s compatibility with that product and then change the review to reflect that. Eg Garmin 235, TomTom Runner2/spark/Runner 3/Spark 3/Adventurer, Polar m600. This would be either a product offering a direct music play link, music control link via a smartphone, or as a Bluetooth HRM.
- £400pcm (minimum commitment 1 quarter) – Right sidebar ad 220x140px (approx.) + single client specified backlink. Location: Underneath existing text “Thank you for your support”
- £2200pcm (minimum commitment 1 quarter) – Header ad, 1024x154px (approx.) no backlink possible, displayed in rotation and displayed on average 1 in every 10 views.
All media is self-created. No ‘stock’ media is required.
Contact: initially though email@example.com