MIZUNO READING HALF MARATHON PLACES FILLING UP FAST
Olympic Gold and Silver medallist rower Zac Purchase and British long distance runner Andrew Lemoncello met today as part of an exclusive training session organised by title race sponsor Mizuno as places for Reading’s premier running event hit the half way mark.
As part of Great Britain’s Lightweight Men’s Double Scull team, Purchase is stepping out of the boat to take on the Mizuno Reading Half Marathon and was receiving expert training tips from Lemoncello in preparation of the big day. The twenty six year-old commented, “Most of my fitness training to date has been done on water so it’s going to be interesting to see how I take to the roads. It has been invaluable getting some advice from someone like Andrew who runs professionally and looking over the course I am sure finishing in front of a packed Madejski Stadium will truly be a memorable experience.”
Announced as the England Championship for Half Marathon 2013, the 13.1 mile event was first run in 1983 and is open to runners of all levels with an expected 17,000 competitors taking part on Sunday, 17th March 2013. Starting in Green Park, runners will make their way towards Reading University before passing the historic Town Hall and other renowned landmarks in Reading town centre. Continuing on closed roads, runners then head back towards the home of Reading F.C. and London Irish R.F.C. – the Madejski Stadium – for a truly unforgettable finish in front of thousands of spectators.
Mizuno UK Marketing Manager Rob Henderson commented, “We’re delighted to continue our sponsorship of the Mizuno Reading Half Marathon. It is one of the best running events in the UK and we want to help it get even better. Events like these provide runners of all standards with the perfect motivation to train towards their moment and that is very important to us”.
Mizuno has a long heritage of sponsoring esteemed running races. The Mizuno Reading Half Marathon is one of the biggest regional mass participation events in the UK and will be joining major marathons in Milan, Amsterdam and the Nice Half Marathon as part of the Mizuno sponsorship portfolio.
Entry to the Mizuno Reading Half Marathon is open and places are filling up fast; please visit www.readinghalfmarathon.com for more information and entry details.
- ‘Sky Soldiers’ run half marathon in Afghanistan (dvidshub.net)
- Half Marathon Challenge? (minimalistworkout.wordpress.com)
- Runners say ‘I do’ during Huntsville Half Marathon (minndixiemom.wordpress.com)
- Kennedy’s Marathon Runs Through Disney World! (mix1041.cbslocal.com)
- 13.1 In 1:51 (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Runner Tracking Now Available for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon (runningatdisney.com)
- HiTOPS to Runners: Princeton Half Marathon Won’t Be Rescheduled, Registration Fees Will Be Considered Donations (planetprinceton.com)
- Wine & Dine Half Marathon runDisney Meet Up (runningatdisney.com)
- Jo Dee Messina Hits The Stage After Completing Half-marathon (contactmusic.com)
- Sacramento race guide leads Urban Cow half-marathon runners down wrong path (sacbee.com)