Late Summer 2017 seems to be about to deliver a few pleasant and, at least to me, interesting surprises on the endurance sports tech front. BOLTT‘s health-coaching pod (based on work with Garmin hardware) is now available for pre-order. I’ll probably NOT be covering that but it still fits in the “interesting” category.
Staying on the POD front there are some interesting announcements coming over the next few months from POLAR AND from others. Some new competition and some existing tech with new modified uses (eg Polar OH1). I do like my pods and heart rate stuff so this is even more exciting than my current holiday.
Finally the ASSIOMA (BePro v2) is NOW properly announced and AVAILABLE for Pre-order. There is apparently already a large demand, or short supply, for the ASSIOMA as retailers are only being promised a fraction of their initial orders (probably not unusual). So if you want one this year then NOW would be a good time to pre-order and get in the queue. It seems that the retailer margin is very low and much tighter than with the BePro – so you might be able to ONLY save a few Eu/$/£ by shopping around and even then smaller resellers won’t get the earlier, preferential stock allocations.
Please don’t expect to see any reviews of the Assioma until Sept/Oct. I don’t quite have a pair yet and I don’t think anyone else does either. The very first units will likely ship in September from what I can gather from FAVERO and POWERMETERCITY; although it might possibly be August. Let’s see.
POWERMETERCITY have a large order and expect 25% of it to be shipped soon to them. If you would like to support this blog (USA) then please order from POWERMETERCITY using the image/link below (USA) or the Cycle Power Meters link below for UK/EU. BOTH GIVE 10% OFF and will likely be the cheapest or joint-cheapest prices from a reputable dealer.
The ASSIOMA DUO is Eu789, £678 or $799 (as of 26July2017)
From the specs and info, further below, it does look good.
|ASSIOMA code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10“||Code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10”|
————————————— Info below from an earlier post ——————————————–
Today’s announcement of the Assioma power meter pedals from Favero shows just how successful the version 1.0 products were – ie how successful the BePro single- and dual-sided models were. They sold well and have enabled investment in a new and upgraded model…the ASSIOMA
There are two models – the DUO and the UNO. Even with my limited knowledge of Italian I can guess the difference. My knowledge of Italian is limited to three words; Rome, Duo and Uno. So I’m good.
Here’s the pricing before we come on to the differences to the original v1 BePro.
- Favero Assioma UNO € 499.00 ($559)
- Favero Assioma DUO € 799.00 ($899)
So, it’s similar pricing to the BePro and the GBP prices will likely be a similar number.
- Battery life from 30 hours to over 50 (this is good)
- Ccharging is by a proprietary clip NOT micro USB (image below, looks better and improved over USB)
- Installation appears even easier with screen-in like a regular pedal (remains to be seen what calibration is required)
- Also now Bluetooth SMART compatible (good but only of limed market potential…might help link to your smartphone and STRAVA though?)
- Automatic temperature compensation (sounds good if it works)
- Favero quote: “a total weight of only 149.5 grams (including batteries), is the lightest power meter pedal ever”
- Favero quote: “When the battery of a pedal is low, a special signal appears on the bike computer: this indication means that there are still about 8 hours of autonomy”
- Smartphone app is new
Other Improvements Which MAY OR MAY NOT Be Included. ie These WOULD also be an improvement IF included
- More clearance from unusual cleats to avoid use of shims
- More robust outer casing
- Other pedal/cleat types would be good and this is quoted: “it is easily adjustable to any current footwear on the market.”. this might just mean you can change cleats!
AVAILABILITY AND PRE-ORDER
The issue is going to be availability.
Availability might be July/August. Josh at PowerMeterCity is open for pre-orders NOW. The BePro v1 originals had a high initial demand. Indeed demand now is still good with single-sided pedals generally sold out. Pre-ordering now would be a good idea…. (just saying).
|bePRO code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10“||bePRO code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10”|
Buying from the PowerMeterCity and Cycle Power Meters link helps this blog in a small way. Thank you. There’s a general 10% discount for you with the code the5krunner10 at both sites .
Here Are The Specifications:
- Power sensor position: on the left pedal (Assioma UNO); on both pedals (Assioma DUO) L/R power balance: double-sided power data, based on individual power measurements, not estimates (only with Assioma DUO)
- Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt Total weight per pedal: 149,5 g (battery included)
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: at least 50 hours
- Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
- Accuracy power measurement: ± 2%
- Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
- Water resistance degree: IP67
- Q-factor: 54mm Hardware upgrade:
- Assioma UNO to Assioma DUO Firmware updates: Via Bluetooth with Favero Assioma
- App Compatible cleats: Original LOOK Kéo and Favero cleats (red and black)
- Bike type: racing/road
- Warranty: 2 year
Here’s the formal press release: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9eqhFasXEIqVG5RNm5XTWl5TUU
Please help support this site in your next purchase by using one of these sites. The Power Meter City (USA) and Cycle Power Meters (EU/UK) links both help support this site and both usually offer a 10% discount (edit Dec 2017: Power Meter City have temporarily stopped this discount in the USA due to adverse exchange rates.)
|Assioma code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10“||Assioma code for 10% discount – “the5krunner10”|