There are some new tweaks to the Karoo’s mapping that have just been released along with the automatic upload of your workout to TrainingPeaks for those who need that.
Here is the new stuff
Introductions and Enhancements:
- Automatic activity upload to TrainingPeaks is now supported
- Map tiles are updated along with styling improvements
- Improved support of MTB trails and other cycling-specific features
- Improved visibility of cycling-specific features like cycleways and roads with bicycle lanes
- Improved road visibility when zoomed out
- Differentiation between paved and unpaved routes is presented
- One-way arrows are provided when zoomed in
- Additional area features (retail, commercial, residential, etc.) are presented
Here is a before and after shot of Sigma Sports’ location near Kingston Bridge in SW London (a well-known bike shop). You can see that on the new maps this location is now listed. Also clearly shown is the cycle route over either side of the bridge over the river.
The newer maps is a little more vibrant (I preferred the original) and you can see that in some of the parks the tracks are slightly more clearly marked.
Hammerhead tweeted some more before and after photos earlier today.
A quick sneak peek at some before-after map styles, to be updated in today’s software release. pic.twitter.com/5kJNicLxbl
— Hammerhead (@hammerheadrides) February 13, 2020