Whilst my head was above the data parapet I looked at what I actually use for my OWN DATA. IE not for this website as such.
Here’s what I use with more stars (***) meaning more usage and I might have missed some things out
- *** Sporttracks 3.1 – my main repository of 100% of my unique source data. Training Load plugin, pool swim plugin and others
- ** Xert – for power breakthrough and other trends
- * Xert Segment Hunter – for hunting and racing segments
- * STRAVA – Segment results and social dissemination
- * STRAVA.AI – breakthroughs and trends of power and HR
- *** Golden Cheetah – a few things but definitely the CP chart and I’ve just noticed the starred segment analysis
- * Humon – for pretty SmO2 charts
- * STRYD PowerCenter – occasionally for insights
- * Polar FLOW – for a quick post-run look
- * Garmin Connect – for a quick post-run look (in a limited amount of detail)
- ** My current watch – for a quick post-run look (abbreviated)
- * Hammerhead’s dashboard (free) – for a repository of routes and cleaning of route errors
- * RideWithGPS – for a repository of routes and for the dissemination of routes
- * Garmin Connect Online – for a minor repository of routes, sometimes for route creation and for the dissemination of routes to my Garmin devices and to friends
- * STRAVA/Movescount/Garmin Connect – for heatmappy things
- * TrainingPeaks – for spending a lot of unnecessary time creating and scheduling trainer workouts
- HRV/Sleep – I’ve got bored with that for now (Oura, Whoop Review, EMFIT)
- I write and use my own training plans which are very good at getting either 4th or 5th place. Contact me if you currently come 6th and want to do better.
You could say, “What a mess!” and you would be right.
For recording devices, I tend to use either Wahoo+Polar or Wahoo+Garmin. Neither setup works how I would like it and it is data access to MY DATA on the Garmin/Polar part that lets me down.