The latest Garmin is Garmin Lily and it will be released imminently…
The screen is a TFT LCD with 16-level grayscale @240x201px and max 5-day battery life and the rest of the specs are vaguely interesting in that they cover a supposedly female-centric set of features with a nod to basic fitness. This probably competes to some degree with the superior Polar Ignite and ultimately with Apple Watch as well. Lily won’t win on price but might give you a specific feature you want or that certain aesthetic appeal you like. Otherwise, I’d give it a miss and research further.
here’s the press release verbatim
Behind the Design
Designed by women, for women, Lily’s most notable feature is its small size which is inspired by classic, jewellery-like timepieces designed for smaller wrists. Lily’s 34mm watch case is Garmin’s smallest yet, and its unique T-bar lugs and slender 14mm band enhance the overall feminine aesthetic. Lily features a unique metallic patterned lens that reveals a bright liquid crystal monochromatic touchscreen display that disappears when not in use. Each of the six different Lily styles has its own lens design, carefully created to be subtle and textural; a refined detail that complements rather than competes. See a behind-the-scenes video on the making of Lily here
- Lily (Classic) (£229.99) features an Italian leather band, stainless steel bezel and hardware, and comes in three timeless colourways – each with neutral tone-on-tone elements and soft contrasts between the band and metal hardware. The lens patterns for Classic were inspired by high-end fashion but made subtle for everyday wear.
- Lily (Sport) (£179.99) comes with a silicone band, aluminium bezel and hardware, and is available in three fresh, athleisure-inspired colourways. The Sport styles feature organic lens patterns that allude to nature, health and wellness.
Health and Fitness
More than an accessory, Lily is a capable smartwatch that leverages Garmin’s industry-leading health and fitness features for whole-body wellness.
- Provides health awareness by monitoring respiration, Pulse Ox1, stress, hydration, advanced sleep and heart rate, 24/7 (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings)2.
- Body BatteryTM energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level which can help with scheduling workouts, rest times and sleep.
- Women’s Health features, including menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking, support women during each stage of their reproductive cycle with the ability to log symptoms alongside their other health and wellness data in Garmin ConnectTM.
- Breathwork activity guides the user through a relaxing series of breaths and holds for focus and stress relief.
- Sports apps for yoga, Pilates, cardio, treadmill and more. Lily also connects to a compatible smartphone’s GPS to accurately track outdoor walks, runs and rides.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
Smart Features for Life On the Go
Lily provides all-day connection and convenience with a battery life of up to 5 days and smart features including:
- Smart notifications: Receive smart notifications for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates and alerts when paired with a compatible smartphone. AndroidTM users can respond to texts.
- Calendar view: See what the day holds right from the wrist with a convenient calendar widget when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Safety and tracking: Assistance feature sends a real-time location to emergency contacts3. LiveTrack lets friends and family track the user’s activity in real time, providing peace of mind during outdoor activities.
- Sync with Garmin Connect: Health and fitness data lives in one place on the Garmin Connect app where users can go to connect, compete and share.