Today’s announcement of the Assioma power meter pedals from Favero shows just how successful the version 1.0 products were – ie how successful the BePro single- and dual-sided models were. They sold well and have enabled investment in a new and upgraded model…the ASSIOMA
There are two models – the DUO and the UNO. Even with my limited knowledge of Italian I can guess the difference. My knowledge of Italian is limited to three words; Rome, Duo and Uno. So I’m good.
Here’s the pricing before we come on to the differences to the original v1 BePro.
- Favero Assioma UNO € 499.00 ($559)
- Favero Assioma DUO € 799.00 ($899)
So, it’s similar pricing to the BePro and the GBP prices will likely be a similar number.
- Battery life from 30 hours to over 50 (this is good)
- Ccharging is by a proprietary clip NOT micro USB (image below, looks better and improved over USB)
- Installation appears even easier with screen-in like a regular pedal (remains to be seen what calibration is required)
- Also now Bluetooth SMART compatible (good but only of limed market potential…might help link to your smartphone and STRAVA though?)
- Automatic temperature compensation (sounds good if it works)
- Favero quote: “a total weight of only 149.5 grams (including batteries), is the lightest power meter pedal ever”
- Favero quote: “When the battery of a pedal is low, a special signal appears on the bike computer: this indication means that there are still about 8 hours of autonomy”
- Smartphone app is new
Other Improvements Which MAY OR MAY NOT Be Included. ie These WOULD also be an improvement IF included
- More clearance from unusual cleats to avoid use of shims
- More robust outer casing
- Other pedal/cleat types would be good and this is quoted: “it is easily adjustable to any current footwear on the market.”. this might just mean you can change cleats!
AVAILABILITY AND PRE-ORDER
The issue is going to be availability.
Availability might be July/August. Josh at PowerMeterCity is open for pre-orders NOW. The BePro v1 originals had a high initial demand. Indeed demand now is still good with single-sided pedals generally sold out. Pre-ordering now would be a good idea…. (just saying).
Buying from the PowerMeterCity link helps this blog in a small way. Thank you. There’s a general 10% discount for you with the code the5krunner10 at PowerMeterCity it’s worth a try to see if that code works for the Assioma.
Here Are The Specifications:
- Power sensor position: on the left pedal (Assioma UNO); on both pedals (Assioma DUO) L/R power balance: double-sided power data, based on individual power measurements, not estimates (only with Assioma DUO)
- Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt Total weight per pedal: 149,5 g (battery included)
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: at least 50 hours
- Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
- Accuracy power measurement: ± 2%
- Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
- Water resistance degree: IP67
- Q-factor: 54mm Hardware upgrade:
- Assioma UNO to Assioma DUO Firmware updates: Via Bluetooth with Favero Assioma
- App Compatible cleats: Original LOOK Kéo and Favero cleats (red and black)
- Bike type: racing/road
- Warranty: 2 year
Here’s the formal press release: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9eqhFasXEIqVG5RNm5XTWl5TUU