What’s going to be new on the Power Meter front in 2018?
We’ve had a lot of new PM products to potentially buy over the last couple of years. Sometimes there is quite a delay between announcement and availability. So I approach this year thinking “It’s going to be a quiet one“. That could turn out to be true or spectacularly wrong if companies ANNOUNCE products later this year.
Here are some of the newish happenings and potential happenings in PM-world:
- ROTOR just rolled out their 2INpower DM (road) and 2INpower (MTB). #sweet
- 4iiii are imminently going to be putting their dual-sided Podium cranks out (expected in Jan/Feb) and delayed but expected soon
- Shimano’s DURA ACE FC-R9100-P (ANT+) is available if you look at Cycle Power Meters, below, in the UK. It would not be unreasonable to expect a cheaper ULTEGRA unit at some point in the future. Perhaps not 2018 though?
- Powertap need to update the P1 pedals in line with Vector 3 and ASSIOMA. *BUT* will we see a P2 first or might a G4 be a more sensible route for Powertap? Maybe both 🙂
- There’s also ‘another’ announcement due soon at the budget end. That should be interesting, but if you have plans to buy soon, then go on what is already known about.
Bargains for now
Power Meter City (USA) are down to the last few remaining units for the Pioneer Dual Sided Shimano Ultegra 6800 units which are on closeout at $799 – that’s $200 off and on a sweet, widely-used, crank. There’s a similarly good deal on the STAGES. Cycle Power Meters (UK/EU) have some ex-rental deals and some deals on Powertap G3 AMP 30 & 50 wheels.
|Checkout code for 10% off many brands – “the5krunner10“||