The new v1.42.600.3 firmware for the Karoo is a reasonably nice update and the exact details are shown further below verbatim from Hammerhead.
The main part of this update is the move towards LARGE OFFLINE MAP REGIONS. Previously there was always an extra step required to ensure the correct part of the global map had been offlined for your next route. Now you just download your entire country in one go and you are then good for ever more.
I’ve not been able to test this out but Hammerhead also claim to now have a more accurate and responsive measure of GRADE (slope) after lots of development and testing against various Wahoo and Garmin head units.
Introductions and Enhancements:
– The offlining of individual routes and small areas has been removed and replaced by large offline regions. Users now select named regions to be offlined, such as individual US states, and can download as many regions as they need. Routes within a downloaded region will instantly be available with TbT instructions and map
– You must offline your region(s) before riding to have turn-by-turn navigation and maps—existing offlined routes will no longer work until you download their corresponding region
– The map renderer and map style has been updated
– The Routes app has been updated to reflect the large offline regions update
– The elevation calibration mechanism has been rewritten to consider the location where it was calibrated, and will automatically update the calibration from that location
– The user-orderable sensor list, which sets the priority for sensors, now shows which sensors are active and feeding the display and underlying ride recording (fit file). This is shown by the icon for each sensor profile turning green for the active sensor
– The surrounding frame for the sensor list was reduced to leave more room to show the list of sensors in the sensors app
– The touch screen can now be locked by the user, allowing only button inputs
– This is enabled and disabled by simultaneously pressing the bottom left and top right buttons
It can also be enabled or disabled using the in-ride menu
All data fields have been revisited to display a more appropriate number of decimal places of accuracy for the data they display
When creating a new page set, the plot page now includes the predictive elevation graph rather than the historic elevation graph