Garmin Forerunner 965 Photos…maybe
More: Garmin Forerunner 965 Review (AI to start with, real later)
A retailer called 5undergolf has supposedly leaked images of the Forerunner 965 and 265. The FR965 image from the retailer is shown below and is not hosted on this site. This is the first plausible image of the FR965 so far.
I’ve also included the retailer’s text listing below and need to make some comments regarding its authenticity.
Firstly the image has this name Screenshot2023-02-01at13-42-47QRG_FR965_V3.png-QRG_FR965_V3F.pdf-Edited_1280x.png, honestly folks every self-respecting retailer would simply reload Garmin’s official images in a decent quality and perhaps with the same name as supplied by Garmin. Maybe the image is not real.
Secondly, the specifications, further below, were strewn with grammar and spelling mistakes. So it simply was not cut and pasted from an official Garmin document. It could be made up.
Thirdly, and perhaps most interestingly, in addition to the more obvious AMOLED screen, the buttons have changed. There are still 5 buttons but they are perhaps slightly more recessed including a significantly enlarged start/stop button. Maybe the others are enlarged too? Maybe it’s just a photoshopped image of a Venu 2+? I tend to think this image might be genuine as the photograph I already have of a real 265s has an enlarged start/stop button.
Fourthly the strap appears to be a standard Forerunner strap. I only mention this in case you too were thinking that someone had repurposed a Venu 2 Plus image and pretended it was an FR965. After all, the Venu 2+ has an AMOLED screen and larger buttons. This strap appears different to the one on the photograph I have of the 265s.
Fifthly a US$599 price tag is quoted. That’s plausibly true but has been speculated by others quite some time ago. (Having said that, I think it’s about right)
Sixthly, the image on the left shows ‘Race Day Weather’. Again, this is consistent with relatively new Garmin features.
Finally, there have been numerous comments on various Reddit threads and elsewhere along the lines of “oh it’s just a Forerunner 955 with a fancy screen“. I too have made those comments. However, whilst probably true about features, the new interface on the 965/265/265s will almost certainly be radically different. Just go and look at the Venu 2 Plus to see what I mean. The quality of the imagery and its presentation are different and excellent when set against older MIPS menus and screens.
Summary: These *seem* to be real photos but I’m not 100% sure.
Garmin Forerunner 965 Features // Specifications
This premium GPS running and triathlon smartwatch has a bright 1.4′ AMOLED touchscreen display and lightweight titanium bezel. Wake up to your morning report with HRV status to see health insights with an overview of sleep, recovery, and training outlook. Navigate routes confidently with multi-band GPS and full-colour, built-in maps. With traditional buttons and a touchscreen display, it’s easy to tap into your training status and know whether you’re training productively, peaking or strained. If you’re pushing to outshine the competition. The forerunner 965 is there to light up every run with 23 days of battery life in smartwatch mode.
- NEW AMOLED Display & Updated Design: Brilliant 1.4″ touchscreen display with traditional button controls – including a lightweight titanium bezel and dual-colour bands.
- Battery Life: Get up to 23 days in Smartwatch Mode & up to 31 hours in GPS-Only mode.
- Multisport Profiles: Switch between sports with a button press by using built-in profiles for triathlons, duathlons, brick workouts and swim runs -or customize your own multisport profiles.
- Built-In Maps: Run your course with more confidence with turn-by-turn directions using full-colour, built-in maps.
- Multi-Band GPS: Access multiple global satellite systems with SatlQ technology, providing superior positioning accuracy in challenging environments while also optimizing battery life.
- Wrist-Based Running Dynamics: Advanced running dynamics including running power, ground contact time balance, stride length and more. Use a compatible HRM or pod (sold separately) for even more accurate data.
- Training Readiness & More: Better determine if you’re primed to get the most out of your workout with a score based on sleep quality, recovery, training load and HRV status. Receive guidance from features like Morning Report, Training Status, Acute Load, & Garmin Coach to monitor the progress of your performance and remain in tune with your body.
- Safety & Tracking Features: Incident detection (during select outdoor activities) and Assistance can send a message with your live location to emergency contacts when paired with your compatible smartphone; requires setup and your smartphone to be in an area with network coverage where data connectivity is available.
- Garmin Pay™ Contactless Payments: Leave your cash & cards at home and make checkout lines a breeze with Garmin Pay contactless payments with participating providers.
- Music on the Go: Download hours of music, with 8 GB of internal memory, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer, and connect with your wireless headphones for phone-free listening.
Note: There is no 965s model (no small version). The small triathlon watch is the 745, so i guess there might eventually be a 755/765 AMOLED/LTE or something similar.
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.