I had a chat with a very nice gentleman at British Triathlon recently.
Here is the situation as far as 2012’s ITU Sprint Duathlon World Championships.
1. The ITU has not yet formally said this race will be happening at Nancy (or anywhere else for that matter). And yes I know you have read things to the contrary…
2. Qualifying races for the British Team’s places have been decided. BUT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN PUBLISHED. As soon as the ITU decide we will be made aware of the full process by the BTF.
3. Timescales? This could be next week or March 2012…we don’t know.
All I know is that the qualifiers will NOT CONFLICT with the 3 standard distance qualifiers. ie they will be at separate venues and different dates to the standard events (shown below).
THESE ARE THE STANDARD QUALIFIER DATES/VENUES – Sprints Won’t be any of these!
Dambuster Duathlon, East Midlands – 10th March 2012
Oulton Park Duathlon, North West – 24th March 2012
Cambridge Duathlon, Eastern – 15th April 2012
- Announcing: Sprint And Standard Duathlon – Age Group ITU ETU World European Championships 2012-2013 (the5krunner.com)
- Sprint And Standard Duathlon – Age Group ITU ETU World European Championships 2012-2013 (the5krunner.com)
- The Future Of Duathlon 2012 (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon Triathlon Race Distances (the5krunner.com)
- Can you wear running shoes to bike the duathlon or triathalon? (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon – The Cost Of Competing For Your Country (the5krunner.com)
- What Do The British Triathlon Abbreviations Mean On The Qualification Pages? (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon: A new type of race completed. (via Why Triathlon? Because…) (the5krunner.com)
- Nutrition Plan + Hydration Plan: 5k, 10k, Standard Duathlon, Sprint Duathlon (the5krunner.com)
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.