Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: 3 minutes
** STOP PRESS ** <06-Oct-2011> Any reading of the BTF qualification events as relating to SPRINT events is INCORRECT. The SPRINT Qualifiers WILL NOT CLASH with standard distance and HAVE NOT YET BEEN DECIDED.
** STOP PRESS ** <Dec 2011> Venue changes announced ETU standard and ITU Sprint events are still not finalised.
** STOP PRESS ** <Jan 2012> No 2012 ITU Sprint Final in Nancy but there is an ETU Sprint final in Horst.
With the ITU 2011 Gijon Sprint- and Standard- distance Championships having just finished on September 25th, many eyes are already planning for 2012.
Team GB had some great results in 2011 with strength in depth in all competitive age groups. Somewhat eclipsed by the home team though. Let’s see how the Spaniards fair away from home next year with a few more Brits turning up to what will be easier events for us to get to! Get yer tri-suits ready girls and boys.
2012 British Age Group Championships
Dambuster Duathlon, East Midlands – 10 March 2012. Well done PACESETTER.COM
- These are Qualifiers For World Championships: ITU Duathlon World Championships – Nancy, September 2012. The 2011 Worlds had Sprint and Standard distance events so presumably there is no change for 2012.
· Dambuster Duathlon, East Midlands – 10th March 2012 (Presumably ETU qualifier Standard, ITU World Standard, NOT FOR ITU World Sprint)
· Oulton Park Duathlon, North West – 24th March 2012 (Presumably ETU qualifier Standard, ITU World Standard, NOT FOR ITU World Sprint)
· Cambridge Duathlon, Eastern – 15th April 2012 (ITU World Standard, NOT ITU World Sprint, NOT ETU Standard)
- Qualifiers European Championships: ETU Duathlon Championships 2012 (Only Standard Distance)
· Dambuster Duathlon, East Midlands – 10th March 2012 (Presumably ETU qualifier Standard only, ITU World Standard)
· . Ashbourne Duathlon, Midlands – 28 April (NO SPRINT EVENT, English Champs) (Presumably ETU qualifier Standard only)
· Oulton Park Duathlon, North West – 24th March 2012 (Presumably ETU qualifier Standard only, ITU World Standard)
European Duathlon Championships 2012 – 19th – 22nd April (Venue TBC, NO SPRINT EVENT)
Nancy, France has been awarded the 2012 World ITU Standard- and Sprint-Duathlon Championships 2012 – 22nd – 23rd September (23rd will probably be Age Group races)
Segovia, Spain has been awarded the 2013 World ITU Standard- and Sprint-Duathlon World Championships in September (Probably 21st and 22nd with 22nd being Age Group)
- London Duathlon 2011 Results (the5krunner.com)
- gijon duathlon: triathlon / TT or road bike (the5krunner.com)
- Can you wear running shoes to bike the duathlon or triathalon? (the5krunner.com)
- What Do The British Triathlon Abbreviations Mean On The Qualification Pages? (the5krunner.com)
- Jonathan Brownlee retains ITU’s sprint Triathlon title with outstanding run (guardian.co.uk)
- Duathlon: A new type of race completed. (via Why Triathlon? Because…) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Today: My Bushy Parkrun Not So Good (the5krunner.com)
- Duathlon: Tyre Pressures And Pumping Up Your Tires (the5krunner.com)
- How Much Do I Sweat During Strenuous 5k & Duathlon Exercise – & So What? (the5krunner.com)
- Heart Rate Training and the Pneu Weightless Treadmill Training (via Road 2 Recovery/Road 2 Worlds) (the5krunner.com)
- Announcing: Sprint And Standard Duathlon – Age Group ITU ETU World European Championships 2012-2013 (the5krunner.com)
- Summer’s Racing By! (willworkforworlds.wordpress.com)