Mizuno Wave Universe 4: 2012 Seiei Collection
A recent post of mine started with the theme of Mizuno-envy. Things have got a little worse.
The kind people at Mizuno invited me to an evening at their performance centre in Central London. And very nice it was too.
I was lucky enough to have a detailed foot/gait analysis AND a try of their Universe 4 on a treadmill.
To be fair they seemed no different in weight to my existing running flats but they **ARE** 20g per shoe less and that will make some positive difference in reality. However they were MUCH more comfortable than my existing shoes. The fitting was perfect to me so I guess they must accomodate a slightly wide foot.
Additionally the construction seemed pretty solid so might be quite useful for those who use platforms or clips in duathlons and triathlons and of course with an elastic lace any duathlete/triathlete could use them effectively just for the run.
All I have to do now is get a pair! Even with a 15% discount from sweatshop they are still above £100 which is steep. But I guess this reflects Mizuno positioning themselves at the top-end of the market with a top product. You’d pay lots for new bike bits but why not for that key bit of running kit for when you race?Mizuno
- The Mezamashii Project by Mizuno (michelletherunner.com)
- Mezamashii Run Project (irunreadteach.wordpress.com)
- Running Shoes, Triathlon Shoes – Choose Wisely (fashionairmax.wordpress.com)
- Mizuno Wave Ekiden Racing Shoe Coming to the US (runblogger.com)
- 2012 The London Duathlon in Richmond Park – New distance! (the5krunner.com)
- Triathlon and Duathlon ** Transitions ** – Are they all pretty much the same? (No!) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Race Shoes :: Helium Filled to Make You fly Mizuno Wave Universe 4 (the5krunner.com)