Spotify is a big music streaming service, especially in the EU.
Support is confirmed for offline playlists.
- Doesn’t yet work on the Vivoactive 3 Music
- Only works on the Fenix 5 Plus Series (5 Plus, 5X Plus, 5S Plus Bible Review) and Forerunner 645 Music
- Likely: it won’t work on any other historical model
My guess is this VA3M problem will be sorted out very quickly and will be supported before Christmas.
- Spotify PREMIUM users only
- Offline storage limits on your watch
- Requires a paired smartphone
- It’s not a true end-to-end streaming service. The music/podcast files must be sync’d to your Garmin device either by WiFi or Garmin Connect (mobile, desktop).
The end-to-end problem can only be solved by Garmin releasing a device that contains cellular connectivity (an envisaged Fenix 6 or Forerunner 945 perhaps?). That will come but it is not imminent – Apple Watch and some WearOS devices already do this.
There’s a bit more on dcrainmaker.com
Paired smartphone info via @jActiveJR1
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners. Thank you! FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: Links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.