FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission
Huami Amazfit GTS Specifications & Overview – Apple Watch lookalike
The new Amazfit GTS smartwatch is a fitness watch after the hearts of Apple Watch lovers. It really is not difficult to see where the design inspiration comes from. Having said that, Fitbit has produced a similar-looking Versa and, after all, Apple does not have a patent for a rectangular watch face with a knob on the side.
Yet, as we shall see, Amazfit deliver detail on a gorgeous screen that might go some way to rivalling Apple
Note: The August 2019 launch initially only shows Asian-market availability for NFC.
Huami Amazfit GTS Headlines
Amazfit’s market is keen to stress the physical properties of the durability of the hardware and longevity of the battery.
- Super Retina Grade AMOLED Screen
- Custom Modular Dial
- Colourful Light Metal Body
- 14 Days of Life
- 50 Meters Waterproof
- NFC access
- 12 sport modes
and with 12 sport modes, they are clearly trying to take a smartwatch and give it a strong fitness touch.
Huami Amazfit GTS – Screen
The super retina-grade screen gives pixel densities up to 341ppi and Amazfit also claim the new 1.65-inch AMOLED screen with transparent 2.5D curved glass gives a 100% NTSC colour gamut and super-high colour saturation
Huami Amazfit GTS – Custom Modular Information Dial & Modular Pointer Dial
The rotating bezel toggles from one screen ‘complication’ to the next and, of course, the rectangular design allows more info to be packed on to one page. Some of these ‘complications’ are auto-scrolling.
Huami Amazfit GTS – Watch Faces
There are 100 watch faces planned but ‘only’ 40 at first. Some of the watch faces seem somewhat childish but they do look well-executed.
Huami Amazfit GTS – Colour Options
The initial 6 band colours and construction options (lightweight aluminium alloy) seem limited but will, no doubt, be expanded over time.
Huami Amazfit GTS – Battery Headlines
Amazfit claim 25 hours of GPS recording and up to 46 days as a watch.
Huami Amazfit GTS – Sports Highlights
There are 12 unnamed sports profiles but I guess that the following chart gives a good steer as to what to expect!
GPS and GLONASS satellites are supported for outdoor sports and the watch is suitable for swimming but not for diving. There is good level of support for swim-metrics like SWOLF, pace and stroke-detection stated by Amazfit but the truth of their usefulness will be down to the details behind their sensors and algorithms.
Huami Amazfit GTS – 24×7 HR Monitoring aka Biotracking
The GTS package for heart rate monitoring claims to include HR zones for sports, 24×7 monitoring for general activity, high precision (HRV), and atrial fibrillation AI tracking.
Huami Amazfit GTS Specifications
These are a good set of hardware specs. The greatness, or otherwise, of the watch will be down to the cleverness and extent of the software inside.
- Size – 43.25 X 36.25 X 9.4mm
- Weight – 24.8g (without strap)
- Waterproof level – 5ATM, supports swimming
- Screen – 1.65″ AMOLED, resolution 348 X 442, 341 PPI
- Touch screen – Corning Gorilla 3rd Generation Tempered Glass
- Standard strap type – Quick release silicone strap
- Strap width – 20mm
- Sensors – BioTracker PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor (6-axis acceleration sensor, 3-axis geomagnetic sensor, air pressure sensor, ambient light sensor)
- GNSS Positioning – GPS + GLONASS
- NFC – NFC city bus subway, access control card simulation
- Connection – BT5.0 BLE
- Battery – 220mAh LiPo
- Charging method – Magnetic
- Theoretical charging time – About 2 hours
- Daily use mode: 14 days Heart rate is normally open, sleep monitoring; 150 messages per day push the bright screen display, lift the wrist to see the time 30 times, NFC swipe 4 times, other operations 5 minutes; exercise 3 times a week, each time Turn on the GPS for 30 minutes.
- Basic watch mode: 46 days Turn off the phone’s Bluetooth connection, heart rate and other functions, and lift the wrist screen 100 times a day.
- GPS continuous working time: 25 hours Turn on the GPS to record the motion track and turn on the heart rate monitoring.
- Body material – Metal, polymer material
- Supporting device – Android5.0 and above, iOS10.0 and above
- Accessories – Magnetic charging stand, instruction manual
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.