Affiliate Disclosure: All links earn commissionReading Time: 2 minutes
Changes made by Polar are stated to be these:
- Stopwatch, countdown timer and interval timer (image below)
- Button and touch lock
- Brighter backlight when looking at the display during training
- Speed sensitivity improved (faster reaction to changes in speed)
- Fixes for cases where distance is missing from the beginning of a session
- Fixes for cadence from the wrist
- Fixes for pool swimming distance. Most of the issues with units when swimming also fixed
- Some touch UI freezes fixed
- (+Bug fixes)
So there we go. That’s Firmware V2.07. Here’s some more related information
- Roadmap: link to polar.com this shows that route navigation is due in early 2019
- Firmware Details: link to Polar.com this shows all Polar firmware updates over time including this one
- Roadmap information for the replacement Polar Vantage V2 is not currently public.
Take Out: The backlight will probably help me a bit, I’m not too fussed about the rest as they haven’t really affected me. I was hoping that the behaviour of the footpod+GPS was going to be addressed, I suspect the required change in behaviour will NOT count as a bug fix.