Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: < 1 minute
When asked “How do i train to run a 5k when i’m not a runner?” Here is my response:
Despite what it may seem like at first 5k is not too far.
You will find lots of training programs out there telling you what to do.
If you are a beginner…ignore them! Keep it simple.
Here is the simple plan:
1. Have at least one rest day before training again.
2. Run a bit further than you did last time.
3. Always run at a speed where you can still talk, ideally as fast as you can whilst still being able to talk.
4. Feel free to change a running session for any other kind of exercise eg gym, cycle, swim. They will all help.
- Training to Run Your First 5K (everydayhealth.com)
- Working Harder (thwaits.wordpress.com)
- 5K Training – How long is long enough? (via The Running World According to Dean) (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Running Achilles Tendon Problems (the5krunner.com)
- 5k Intervals – Try These (the5krunner.com)