FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission
Garmin Instinct Firmware Goodies
I was surprised about this.
The new beta firmware (v6.5.3) for the Garmin Instinct includes support for the Pool Swim profile’s AUTO REST functionality amongst a few other things as listed here
Must Read: Garmin Instinct 2 Review Solar & Thoughts
Changes made from version 6.52 to 6.53:
- Added low Abnormal Heart Rate alert. (Settings > Sensors & Accessories > Wrist Heart Rate > Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts > Low Alert)
- Added Autorest setting for Pool Swim activity. (Settings > Activities & Apps > Pool Swim Settings > Autorest)
- Added Swim Time data field for Pool Swim activity.
- Added support for a ‘Silent’ option to the Smart notifications Sounds alert settings. (Settings > Phone > Smart Notifications > During Activity/Not During Activity > Sounds)
- Fixed an issue where the watch may freeze during a Ski activity.
- Fixed issues where activity elevation chart would appear blank when viewing an activity in History or when doing a TracBack.
- Fixed graphical glitch affecting the key lock icon.
If you want to read a bit more about the full set of swim features from Garmin, then I’ve covered them in the next link. To cut a long story short for Instinct owners
- I use AUTOPAUSE…it’s good. It saves you pressing LAP at the end of a swim interval.
- Instinct won’t get the full set of SWIM features
This content is not sponsored. It’s mostly me behind the labour of love which is this site and I appreciate everyone who follows, subscribes or Buys Me A Coffee ❤️ Alternatively please buy the reviewed product from my partners at their regular price. Thank you! This really is reader-powered content.
FTC: Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.