Stages SC2 Plus Announced
Coming in at a sweet $2399, Stages Cycling has just announced their new Indoor Bike.
This should appeal to the committed indoor cyclist or a more casual cyclist just wanting a proper piece of kit. The elite and wannabee racer types will always have their eyes on the more expensive model.
Stages SC2 Plus vs. StagesBike SB20
It comes in significantly lighter than the top-of-the-range SB20 and has a fixed 170mm crank which should be usable for most people. Perhaps the biggest differences are that a) it’s not as smart as the SB20 and requires manual resistance changes and b) there’s a quality Stages Gen3 left-side crank power meter to detect and transmit what you are doing to Zwift and other apps.
Stages SC2 Plus Specification
- Magnetic Resistance manually adjusted with knob and Stages SprintShift lever
- Left side Stages Power meter for SC Series bikes – same Gen 3 technology and accuracy, 2000+ hrs of power meter battery life
- Adjustable fit with pop-pin activated height adjustments, fits riders 4’10-6’10, Max rider weight: 350 lbs
- 170 mm crank length, comes with dual-sided SPD & toe cage Stages pedal. 158 mm Q factor
- High-inertia, cast iron perimeter weighted flywheel with emergency push-to-stop (does not freewheel). Smooth, silent.
- Comfort coated aluminium Stages RhythmBar handlebars, Stages Saddle, dual-sided SPD & toe cage pedals included.
- 5” W x 43.5” L, 96 lbs
- Price: $2399