Affiliate Disclosure: All links pay commissionReading Time: < 1 minute
NB: This is a post from September 2015 that was removed at Garmin’s request. It is now re-published as the information embargo has been lifted.
Finally the waiting is just about over as we have leaked Garmin 630 Specs (Source: Garmin, originally reported at board.ie).
Here are the highlights and (here) are the detailed specs:
- Touchscreen colour display (hmmm)
- round: 45mm diameter with 31mm diameter display
- 215×180 pixels (620 is 180×180)
- 43.7g (620 is same)
- 5 ATM water rating (620 is same)
- 17 hour battery life (620 is 10 hours)
- Improved/advanced running dynamics (!) – ground contact time balance, stride length and vertical ratio.
- Performance condition, stress condition and lactate threshold stats (!) – basically training load stats (ATL/CTL/TSB) based on HR zones (probably) which in turn may be set automatically by a LTHR figure from a test you perform.
- Connect IQ
- Wifi upload
- live tracking
- Audio prompts/feedback (Bluetooth headphone link)
- advanced workouts
- bike speed/cadence compatible
Otherwise the rest is pretty similar to the 620.
Summary: A lot more connectivity-type stuff, a better battery and some heart rate stuff I’ve been moaning about no-one doing for a couple of years or so. A bit disappointing but I’m sure my opinion will change when I see the new colours THERE’s A BLUE one AND A BLACK+WHITE ONE. Yeh !