Building on the original Wattbike ATOM and following swiftly on from the recently announced Wahoo KICKR Bike and Tacx NEO Bike, Wattbike brings us the AtomX.
Well, they’ll bring it in early 2020. But, fear not, we have the specs and an image or two already.
Wattbike is making this bold claim…
The industry’s most advanced smart bike
Hey! I like the Wattbikes. Maybe it’s true.
WattBike AtomX Features
According to Wattbike, these are:
- Performance Touchscreen – The touchscreen elevates the cycling experience by delivering incredibly accurate performance feedback. It includes workouts, tests, and Wattbike’s brand new interval builder.
- Performance Insights – Access training plans. Test your performance. Analyse your data. Using the Wattbike Hub as you ride, you will structure your training and meet your goals.
- Pedalling Effectiveness Score – is a unique technique analysis tool. Building on the industry-defining Polar View, PES provides riders with a colour-coded display and numerical score. Previously only available via smartphone and tablet on the Hub app, you can now find it right in the touchscreen of the Wattbike AtomX.
- Electromagnetic Resistance – A brand new custom-built electromagnet sets the resistance for the AtomX. Faster and more reactive than ever, this new resistance system will truly redefine commercial indoor cycling forever.
- Accurate Data – With AtomX you can rely on your data. AtomX delivers ±2% accuracy across the full power range of 0-2000w.
WattBike AtomX Specs vs Atom
Here are the Wattbike AtomX specs compared to the earlier Atom.
More (different) information here at wattbike.com
|GEARS: 1-22||Gears: 22|
|GRADIENT: 0–25%||Gradient: Range 0–25%|
|Smart trainer control: ANT+ FEC and Bluetooth Smart Control|
|THIRD PARTY CONNECTIVITY: ANT+, FE-C, Bluetooth, FTMS||Third Party Connectivity: Via ANT+ FEC/ANT+/Bluetooth Smart Control|
|HEIGHT: 122cm – 173cm||Height: Max. 150cm (fully extended tablet holder)|
|WIDTH: 64cm||Width: 50cm|
|LENGTH: 100cm||Length: 100cm|
|POWER RANGE: 40-2000w||Power range: 0–2000w|
|CRANKS: 170mm||Cranks: 170mm|
|RESISTANCE: Electromagnetic||Resistance: Magnetic|
|POWER REQUIRED: Mains adaptor||Seat: Racing seat fitted as standard|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 5-50°C||Pedals: Flat pedals with toe cage fitted as standard|
|Tablet holder: Can accommodate from 70mm–240mm in height|
|Handlebar fore/aft adjustability: Range 0–7.5cm|
|Handlebar height adjustability: Range 53.5cm–76.5cm|
|Saddle fore/aft adjustability: Range 0–8.8cm|
|Saddle height adjustability: Range 57cm–83cm|
|RIDER HEIGHT: 5′ to 6′ 5″|
|MAX RIDER WEIGHT: 150kg|
|Power required: Mains adaptor|
|Calibration: Factory set|
|Feet: Rubber feet|
|Rollers: Transportation rollers fitted|
If you want some more information on the comparison of the existing models IE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ATOMX then see this link at dcrainmaker.com. Warning, I’m certain he will say of the AtomX that there are “…two itty-bitty catches: It’s only available for commercial usage (gyms), and the Android display isn’t powerful enough to run Zwift.“