NPE Runn users will be delighted today as a new Garmin CIQ Data Field is released to enable you to DISPLAY, RECORD and later VIEW your treadmill incline stats.
It’s late at night here in the UK and I’ve just had time to play with the new stuff, hopefully, I can try it out tomorrow and get some real stats to replace the dummy ones I created below. Anyway, without further ado, here’s what you need to do.
- Get The CIQ Data Field
You can get this sync’d from the Connect IQ app or downloaded by USB using Garmin Express after you’ve visited the CIQ store on your desktop. If you search simply for RUNN you should find it…like this
- Add the Data Field To Your Indoor Treadmill Profile
A Garmin data field often ‘silently’ pairs itself to the appropriate sensor. So all you need to do here is add the ‘Runn Incline Data Field’ to one of your workout pages and that’s it. You will find the new data field in the section “Treadmill>Data Screens>…>ConnectIQ Fields”
- Just run and record your workout as normal. Ideally not at 35.50%.
- When you sync your workout to Garmin Connect the INCLINE data will now magically appear. Ta Da.
- Do I need to pair the RUNN sensor as ANT+ or BLE? – Neither…just install the data field
- What if there are lots of RUNN sensors. Ah, now that’s a good question. If you look at the following image you will see that in Garmin EXPRESS you can force the DEVICE NUMBER of the RUNN unit that the data field looks for.